PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 01-22-2021, 04:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
Just realised - I think the Ford has an aircraft compliment of around 80 give or take??

I received the YAMATO by the way. Was able to get it through Buyee and Hobby Link Japan, my first time to use the service but it worked out and not grossly over the odds.

Catch is it's all in Japanese! So I need to find a way to scan it and cut'n'paste translate it.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positive_Rate View Post
Just realised - I think the Ford has an aircraft compliment of around 80 give or take??
"......The carrier will be capable of carrying up to 90 aircraft, including the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, F / A-18E / F Super Hornet, E-2D Advanced Hawkeye, EA-18G Growler electronic attack aircraft, MH-60R / S helicopters, as well as unmanned air and combat vehicles....." (from naval-technology.com)
Old 01-23-2021, 01:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foute Man View Post
Fortunately you realize it yourself

Mr Kushima has posted new images on his twitter account showing the 3d model on a stand, and some first draft of sheets for the lower hull section

translated text of his tweet: "The progress of the US aircraft carrier "Gerald R. Ford" paper craft. Our main business is in full swing, and we are waiting for you, but it is progressing little by little. Currently, the hull part is under construction. We would like to release it as soon as possible, so please be patient......."
im hoping he will post on fb also .not all of us use twitter
Old 01-24-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
And some of us use neither!!! (A-hem!)

So I'm relying on the rumour mill here. But lets face it, it's gonna be many more months. I might figure out how to translate the Yamato model in that time!
Old 01-24-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
And some of us use neither!!! (A-hem!)

So I'm relying on the rumour mill here. But lets face it, it's gonna be many more months. I might figure out how to translate the Yamato model in that time!
yes i remember waiting for his kirishima, but hey the guy has a business to run and its nice that he shares some of his free works to modellers and was certainly worth the wait, mayby he will share the pages as they are done on his site as he did with his other models
Google Adsense
Old 01-25-2021, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
Don't know why Twitter is his social media platform of choice, but there is no need to register yourself to see the progress on this project as you can view his Twitter page without logging in yourself. Just bookmark that page and visit it from time to time. When you're on his Twitter page take a quick look at his posted photos, you'll see for yourself if any new pictures have been posted

Quote:
And some of us use neither!!! (A-hem!) So I'm relying on the rumour mill here. But lets face it, it's gonna be many more months. I might figure out how to translate the Yamato model in that time!
Suggestion, just contact Mr Kushima via his contact email on his website and ask for either a translated manual or a digital version of the manual in japanes for easier (online) translation. You can write your message in English and add a version translated in Japanes (use Google Translate or any other online translator) with the original message
The latter method works perfectly for me when I have to communicate in any other language than Dutch or English

And I found a new model by Mr Kushima, published last weekend:

visit this page or click here for the model

Last edited by Foute Man; 01-25-2021 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:54 AM

Suggestion, just contact Mr Kushima via his contact email on his website and ask for either a translated manual or a digital version of the manual in japanes for easier (online) translation. You can write your message in English and add a version translated in Japanes (use Google Translate or any other online translator) with the original message
The latter method works perfectly for me when I have to communicate in any other language than Dutch or English

Hi Foute Man,
That's a great idea, I've sent an email in my very best google-translated-Japanese, with my Yamato and donation receipts as well as a confidence builder. Even if I can get the Japanese version I'll be on a winner as I was able to do that for a free submarine I got online there a while back.
Fingers crossed!
Alan

Last edited by Positive_Rate; 01-29-2021 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-09-2021, 03:05 PM

hull construction

another post on Twitter:

空母「ジェラルド・R・フォード」船体部分の試作開始しました。艦尾だけで30cmありますw

.....We have started trial production of the hull of the aircraft carrier "Gerald R. Ford". There is 30 cm only on the stern.......

Old 02-10-2021, 12:09 AM

Thats great news about the Gerald Ford. Pity he probably won't do a version of the honorary Irish aircraft carrier (John F Kennedy) as well.

Delighted to say Masahiro has sent a digital version of the Yamato instructions and given permission to translate it and make it available here. So I am working on that at the moment, just chipping away at it. Can't say that Google will translate particularly well but learning Japanese is just not an option for me!

Regards,
Alan
Old 02-11-2021, 01:26 PM

looks good so far
Google Adsense

Tags
free downloads, free models, japan, papermodel.jp