PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 02-27-2021, 02:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
Bruno might have a Sea King in 1:300, I can't recall if he did any Merlins
He did make a series of Sea Kings in 1:300 that can be easily rescaled to 1:200 (and also S-70 Blackhawk/Seahawk/Jayhawk)..

Last edited by cafe; 02-27-2021 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 414.21 MB
Just want to add that there already are small scale JMSDF helicopters including a Merlin look-alike from various official Japanese websites, search the threads started by wireandpaper and John W. Some webpages are gone but may be archived on the WayBack machine.

As for JCG helicopters, Kurukurupakn's website is gone but some pages might be found on the WayBack machine - like the Hughes 500, Bell Jetranger/Longranger and Aerospatiale (Super) Puma.

No recoloring needed as these are already in Japanese markings, unless you want specific aircraft numbers matching your ship. They're mostly boxy, but probably OK for small scale.
Old 02-28-2021, 05:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuente View Post
Just want to add that there already are small scale JMSDF helicopters including a Merlin look-alike from various official Japanese websites, search the threads started by wireandpaper and John W. Some webpages are gone but may be archived on the WayBack machine.

As for JCG helicopters, Kurukurupakn's website is gone but some pages might be found on the WayBack machine - like the Hughes 500, Bell Jetranger/Longranger and Aerospatiale (Super) Puma.

No recoloring needed as these are already in Japanese markings, unless you want specific aircraft numbers matching your ship. They're mostly boxy, but probably OK for small scale.
According to Wikipedia the onboard helicopter of Kirishima is a Mitsubishi SH-60K. The SH-60K is a patrol/asw version of the Mitsubishi H-60, and this is the Japanese version of the Sikorsky S-70. It's an upgraded version of the SH-60J, and was built in the first decade of this century. Both the SH-60J and SH-60K versions are still in service

Various paper models of the SH-60J and SH-60K can be downloaded from various JMSDF websites, this is a SH-60K, available as free download from this page with more paper models of aircraft/helicopters serving in the JMSDF, like this SH-60J (simple version), or this SH-60J

Last question is what serial number should be on the helicopter. This is an image from the manual of a 1/350 plastic kit by Pit-Road, with a SH-60J for a 1990's version:

this image comes from the 1/700 Hasegawa kit

This is a SH-60K from the website with the paper models

Last edited by Foute Man; 02-28-2021 at 06:33 AM.
Old 07-24-2021, 03:15 PM

1:700 payware Yamato

A new release by Mr Kushima: a 1:700 battleship Yamato. It is an appendix to the August 2021 edition of a magazine that can be ordered here

About 32 pages of manual and sheets, all in japanese unfortunately.

salesprice for the magazine is 1150 yen (about 8,85 euro), this is without the shippingcosts and the import costs for items from outside the EU, so these costs will probably double or triple the price

watch this youtube video about the building process

PS 1: @administrator: I tried to use the forum's "Youtube" button, but the video did not show in this post, so I had to link to it the old-fashioned way

PS 2: I found out about this model when I was checking Mr Kushima's Twitteraccount for updates about the Gerald Ford, unfortunately there are no updates yet

Last edited by rickstef; 07-24-2021 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-24-2021, 03:52 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foute Man View Post
watch this youtube video about the building process

PS 1: @administrator: I tried to use the forum's "Youtube" button, but the video did not show in this post, so I had to link to it the old-fashioned way
By now, you should know who the admins and mods are, if you need to reach out to me, just do so(in Dutch or English)

To use the youtube tags, you can click on the YouTube button, and insert the alphanumeric bit after the last slash in the YouTube url between the YouTube tags, or if you are typing the tags, use [ youtube ] alphanumeric bit [ / youtube ] with the appropriate spaces removed.

There is an interesting phenomenon occurring when YouTube tagged videos are displayed in Google Chrome, they do not appear, a placeholder of the appropriate size is shown in the post, but the video itself doesn't appear, yet it does in the mobile Chrome browser on my phone for instance. Not sure if Google was a bit overreaching with their security settings when playing videos.
Or it is a vBulletin niggle that displays videos on the desktop browser versus the mobile browser
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense
Old 07-25-2021, 02:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
i liked building his kirishima and am eagerly awaiting his new aircraft carrier
Old 07-25-2021, 04:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
Another one waiting eagerly here!
Old 08-20-2021, 11:02 PM

Gerald R Ford update

There are several updates on Twitter:

update dated august 13th:

".....This is the second prototype version of the aircraft carrier "Gerald R. Ford" hull. Assembled with copy paper. Updated from the previous prototype version, the structure inside the hangar and the stern has been reproduced....."

Update dated august 14th:

".....I can't reproduce it accurately due to lack of materials, but I want to bring the atmosphere closer. You can't place it unless you make an aircraft before the aircraft carrier itself....."

update dated august 19th:

"......This is the elevator part of the prototype version of the aircraft carrier "Gerald R. Ford". The ascending / descending state is selectable. It seems that you can move freely even after completion if you devise such as putting a magnet inside at the time of assembly......"

Old 08-21-2021, 12:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
This is really looking great! I love the idea with the ramp and using the magnet.
Old 08-21-2021, 03:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foute Man View Post
There are several updates on Twitter:

update dated august 13th:

".....This is the second prototype version of the aircraft carrier "Gerald R. Ford" hull. Assembled with copy paper. Updated from the previous prototype version, the structure inside the hangar and the stern has been reproduced....."

Update dated august 14th:

".....I can't reproduce it accurately due to lack of materials, but I want to bring the atmosphere closer. You can't place it unless you make an aircraft before the aircraft carrier itself....."

update dated august 19th:

"......This is the elevator part of the prototype version of the aircraft carrier "Gerald R. Ford". The ascending / descending state is selectable. It seems that you can move freely even after completion if you devise such as putting a magnet inside at the time of assembly......"

yup i dont use twitter so will patiently await its release
Google Adsense

Tags
free downloads, free models, japan, papermodel.jp