PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 06-08-2019, 08:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 705.14 MB
model truck graphics

1/87 Model Decals

this may or may not have ever been posted here but i came across a site that sells decals for model trucks ,, logos are for a lot of fallen flag carriers and in service trucking companies,,, food service... movers.. tank lines and breweries .. with a little bit or resizing and fixing up ,, they can well be adapted for use with the FDS line of very fine 1/100 scale U.S style trailers... just click on a decal thumb nail and save the full size as a jpg
Google Adsense
Old 06-09-2019, 02:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
Great idea, if I didn't already have projects going I might give it a shot.

An alternative would be to use the simpler trailers offered by Rob Schatborn, I'm sure he has unmarked trailers available. Not that he needs a lot more, there are dozens of pages of US and European trailers on his website.

Curiously I only recognized a few trucking companies from the USA decal collection you mentioned, some overlap but many potential new recolors.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
They also have the Smokey & The Bandit trailer mural!
Old 06-11-2019, 12:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 167.48 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by b747driver View Post
1/87 Model Decals

this may or may not have ever been posted here but i came across a site that sells decals for model trucks ,, logos are for a lot of fallen flag carriers and in service trucking companies,,, food service... movers.. tank lines and breweries .. with a little bit or resizing and fixing up ,, they can well be adapted for use with the FDS line of very fine 1/100 scale U.S style trailers... just click on a decal thumb nail and save the full size as a jpg
I think the pictures that can be downloaded are a bit too low-quality for use on paper models. I assume that they are images of the original vinyl stickers that are being sold (at $5 a pop!), and that these are much sharper.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 705.14 MB
im doing FDS trailer recolors with these pics of the decals and they are not looking bad at all
so far im working on these trailers , im still working on them far from finished.they are converted to 300dpi jpgs and recolored along with a little modifying in psp
Attached Thumbnails
model truck graphics-fe0640-defazio-fruehauf1-rollup-door-rev.jpg   model truck graphics-fe0640-fruehauf-branch-barndoor.jpg   model truck graphics-fe0777-beal-petroleum-semi-cities-service.jpg   model truck graphics-fe2105-hobbs-smokey-.jpg   model truck graphics-fe2240-fruehuaf-53ft-1-swift-ref-barn-door.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 06-18-2019, 12:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 167.48 MB
B747 driver - you've done a much better job there than I would have thought possible. Well done.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
I would have thought for simple design graphics like text and stripes, increasing the contrast and sharpening the edges would improve them enough to use in 1/100. Glad that worked out for your project!