PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 08-18-2019, 12:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
Hans Geibel's Ford Model A

Hi everyone,

Now that the Stinson and WACo are done I'm looking for diorama items to display with the aircraft. I was aware of Hans Geibel's series of Ford Model A vans, and the original website is on the WayBack Machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20040608...papermodel.de/ (go to Modelle on the left menu)

Did anyone happen to download these when they were available? I'd really like the Ford Tudor sedan and Persil short van, but I'll take any other than the Carlsberg and Golden Shred long vans, the red and beige Beetles and light blue Vespa, which have appeared elsewhere. I've already seen the Atelier de Moulin recolor of the long van on Forum en Papier.

If you can help, please send me a PM.
Google Adsense
Old 08-18-2019, 07:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Wish I could help, but ....
Old 08-18-2019, 09:04 AM

On the way!

Thank you to the 2 people who sent me a PM offering to help, I look forward to cranking out some useful recolors!

These Ford AA vans have so much potential, even though there already are:
Austin 7 convertible from Fixi and Foxi (Kaukapedia)
Fiat Topolino from Brusino
Ford Model 48 and Chevrolet Confederate convertibles from Canon
Ford Model B coupe from Pat Craft (ZZTop) and Ravensblight
Ford Model B sedan and pickup plus Ford Model AA and Autocar Dispatch SA trucks from Robototehnik

I'm sure any vehicle from that era will work, but these were the most likely to be found on Philippine roads.

I've just received the Ford AA files, thanks Scott - credit where it's due, these were likely the work of Michael Zinke but hosted by Hans Geibel.

Last edited by lfuente; 08-18-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:30 AM

Hi everyone,

Just finished some Ford Model A recolors, does anyone know of a way to contact Michael Zinke who used to upload these designs to papermodel.de or geibel.de?

German language forum members are logically the best to ask, but a quick search turned up nothing. Well not nothing, I learned that his 1976 Opel Kadett C is the first generation Isuzu Gemini in the Philippines.

If you're reading this Pericles, find photos of a Pan Am service Ford Model A and I'll do the recolor for you!
Old 08-21-2019, 07:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Oh yes Lorenzo! I'm very interested..
Google Adsense
Old 08-22-2019, 06:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
found the model on pinterest

Old 08-23-2019, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomidefilho View Post
Oh yes Lorenzo! I'm very interested..
Well I found 2 photos of what looks like a Ford Model A van delivering mail sacks to a Pan Am S40 in Railway Express Agency markings. It has an elaborate poster on the side I can't find a exact match for, only something similar. Should I go for it?

FM, Scott sent me all the model A vans except for the Maggi version - do you have that one?

Also I'd seen YMJr's era-appropriate bus and truck models before, and my impression was they were too cartoony. But recently I was browsing a Lledo diecast website and found he did a really good job replicating the Albion PK (men's club) bus and Mack BF (expert beer) truck. A new future project?
Old 08-23-2019, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuente View Post
FM, Scott sent me all the model A vans except for the Maggi version - do you have that one?

Also I'd seen YMJr's era-appropriate bus and truck models before, and my impression was they were too cartoony. But recently I was browsing a Lledo diecast website and found he did a really good job replicating the Albion PK (men's club) bus and Mack BF (expert beer) truck. A new future project?
did not read the first post correctly, because you actually mentioned you already had the carlsberg model.....
i remember searching for these models a few years ago, but could not find them, so if possible could you share those models (either with me personally via pm or email, or perhaps in the download section of this forum, as these models are lost freeware models)???

you already mentioned the russian models by Robototehnik, there is a payware series of model A Fords by Alcan.... unfortunately all searches for a webshop end up with downloadlinks to "pirate websites"....

as a good alternative for the Ford Model A, what about Camille's series of Citroen Camionettes????

thread with dowloadlinks on maquettes-papier.net

La camionnette AC4 "Waterman" by Camille

Citroën C6 Camionnette "PROJET"

Last edited by Foute Man; 08-23-2019 at 05:20 AM. Reason: typos and extra links
Old 08-23-2019, 09:27 PM

FM,

Those Citroens and Peugeots were what I had in mind when I said other models would work, and the designers at Forum en Papier do a fantastic job!

But until you pointed it out, I didn't realize how similar the Citroen C4F was to the Ford Model A. Online sources say the C4F design was heavily influenced by American designs, but not a direct copy. I suspect the smaller Model A van Corgi makes is actually a C4F (which they also make) - I've only seen Ford photos where the cargo box is wider, deeper and longer than the cab, or a shorter box whose front end is faired into the cab.

Still, they'd work great as Ford/Chevrolet stand-ins, and the Peugeot 201 sure looks like a Model A coupe to me - can someone confirm if Patrick's ZZTop coupe is a chopped 1933+ Ford?

Anyway, I'll send you a PM about your request. And once I get permission to share there'll be a Philippine woody wagon, beer van and sedan delivery in 1:72.

Last edited by lfuente; 08-23-2019 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:42 AM

replied your pm (actually twice, but found out it's due to my own forum settings i seemed to have lost my first message)

if i understand the wiki articles correctly, andre citroen was inspired by henry ford's methods of producing after he visited the ford plants in detroit. he was regarded as the european counterpart of henry ford.
in the late 1920's/early 1930's citroen worked together with Edward G. Budd on the B models to the Traction Avant

Budd's company in the usa produced frames and sheet metal for dodge and other car manufacturers. in europe he was involved in several joint ventures with car manufacturers in the uk, germany and france, such as morris, adler chrysler, citroen and ford (europe)....
this could possibly explain the simular appearance of the citroen and ford trucks/vans....

this is a 1932 Ford A model, that was originally released as part of the freeware "daytona magazine" race models. it's by Kim Shinozaki and in 1/25

Google Adsense