PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 09-26-2019, 07:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 81.34 MB
First timer ordering online and out of stock kits

Not sure where else to put this.I placed an order from Fentens late august. There was one I wanted where they said in stock about 4 days. It's turning into 4 weeks and counting. I placed another order about a week ago. Status unknown. I don't expect day or 2 shipping of course. The other 2 I did receive. got an email in day or two. Nothing so far. Was looking for only in stock items. With their hew website,I can't see the status of any orders placed before the new website. Starting to wonder if I have 2 orders in limbo totally about 110.00 because of 1 kit being out of stock in each. Sent several emails no response.To maybe send at least some of what they have. Noticed that most kits I order, they go out of stock immediately after.This is more of a frustration than a complaint. Just wondering if any one else has had the same problem with any of the overseas companies. And, to mention that when you order from any over seas companies , make sure it is in stock and take the expected in stock date as a grain of salt.
Google Adsense
Old 09-26-2019, 07:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
After checking your problems, no doubt piracy is increasing. Email stores should be aware that if they offer bad service people will turn to pirate sites to get models. One of the best ways to discourage piracy is to provide good and friendly service, reasonable prices and above all, honesty. If mail order houses don't provide these issues, then don't complain concerning piracy growing.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:43 AM

Thanks for the fast response Fentens is from I have seen. a good website. Just got to be careful ordering overseas. because we don't have the phone call option.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Where are you from? I ask you because telephone service is extremely efficient and cheap these days and worldwide. Or you can use Whatsapp calling.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:17 AM

I live in the US
Google Adsense
Old 09-26-2019, 08:32 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
I have alerted Ben about this thread, and the issues you are having, I hope he will pop in and address any concerns
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 09-26-2019, 09:04 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
jrw52 - Fentens is a reputable shop, but their customer service, certainly in relation to orders from South Africa placed with their German operation is incredibly poor.

In my case, they never answered e-mails either. so you are not alone!

They also persist in shipping using their national carrier's courier service who are totally and utterly useless on this side of the world. Whether they are better on your side may be debatable.

Both the last two (large) orders I placed were lost.

I managed to recover one, thanks to the help of a 3rd party! The other one was never found and I remain out of pocket to the tune of nearly 100.00 USD.

Assuming you are dealing with Germany, as they used to courier ship (or used to when I placed orders) 4 weeks is too long. If they have shipped via courier, you need to get proactive quickly and contact the couriers direct and put pressure on them.

Good luck!

PS There are lots of other suppliers offering the same products, good shipping and excellent service and communication, so if you are not sorted out there are alternatives!
Old 09-26-2019, 02:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi guys,

Rick just brought this to my attention. Thanks, Rick!

Jrw52, please contact me via pm and let me know your name. I'll check what happened to your order.

Kevin, could you touch base with me, too, please? I wonder why there are problems with emails. I would like to check what's happening there.

I'll check what's happening in Germany as soon as they're up and working again. Will be a few hours.

We ship with DHL from Germany. That works very well all over Europe, Asia and Oceania. I'm sorry to hear it doesn't work so well with the US and SA. We'll investigate this and find another delivery option.

Even though I'm not dealing with daily operations within our German operation, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'll help wherever I can.

Cheers, Ben
Old 09-26-2019, 03:37 PM

Thanks, Ben How do I PM you Fentens is a great company don't get me wrong about that any one
Old 09-26-2019, 03:42 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
to send a private message

hover your mouse pointer over the name of the person, left click, a menu will pop up, select Send a private message to, and you will be dropped into the Private message interface
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense