PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 12-14-2019, 03:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.05 GB
USS Enterprise refit 1_700

PRModels just released this kit. Its another great model from Rawen. Seen it on my facebook. Link to the model is USS Enterprise refit 1_700 2019-2020
Attached Thumbnails
USS Enterprise refit 1_700-screenshot009.jpg   USS Enterprise refit 1_700-screenshot015.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-15-2019, 07:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 898.56 MB
It looks incredible! Just beyond my skill set at the moment, but I may try it soon.
Old 12-15-2019, 09:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
thanks for the heads up
Old 12-16-2019, 11:36 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
This is a great find; thanks!
Old 12-22-2019, 01:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 34.87 MB
Hey. I just printed this model and intend to build it over the next week or so. As best I can tell, it is a direct downsizing of Rawen's 1/400 scale Refit Enterprise, found in the downloads section of this forum. This new version may contain some changes but a quick comparison revealed a very high similarity between the two.

Using my Polar Lights 1/350 scale refit Enterprise as a reference, Rawen's model scales at 1/746. To come up with this number, I measured the primary hull of the Polar Lights Refit Enterprise (16.25in diameter) and compared it to Part 1 of Rawen's model. If the Polar Lights model is accurate, this means the real Refit Enterprise features a primary hull measuring 144.5 meters in diameter. This matches some (but not all) reference sites I visited on the internet.

Printing this new model at 74.23% yields a primary hull diameter of 144.5mm making it exactly 1/1000 scale.

As an additional double check, I measured the Polar Lights 1/1000 scale original series Enterprise. That model features a primary hull 127mm in diameter. This exactly matches a primary hull measuring 127.1 meters in diameter, the specification listed by most sources for a Constitution class starship. This gives me greater confidence that the 1/350 scale Polar Lights Refit Enterprise is also correct.

Anyway, I know most people could not give two flying figs about scale, but just in case you do, those were my findings.
Google Adsense
Old 12-23-2019, 01:31 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damraska View Post
Hey. I just printed this model and intend to build it over the next week or so. As best I can tell, it is a direct downsizing of Rawen's 1/400 scale Refit Enterprise, found in the downloads section of this forum. This new version may contain some changes but a quick comparison revealed a very high similarity between the two.

Using my Polar Lights 1/350 scale refit Enterprise as a reference, Rawen's model scales at 1/746. To come up with this number, I measured the primary hull of the Polar Lights Refit Enterprise (16.25in diameter) and compared it to Part 1 of Rawen's model. If the Polar Lights model is accurate, this means the real Refit Enterprise features a primary hull measuring 144.5 meters in diameter. This matches some (but not all) reference sites I visited on the internet.

Printing this new model at 74.23% yields a primary hull diameter of 144.5mm making it exactly 1/1000 scale.

As an additional double check, I measured the Polar Lights 1/1000 scale original series Enterprise. That model features a primary hull 127mm in diameter. This exactly matches a primary hull measuring 127.1 meters in diameter, the specification listed by most sources for a Constitution class starship. This gives me greater confidence that the 1/350 scale Polar Lights Refit Enterprise is also correct.

Anyway, I know most people could not give two flying figs about scale, but just in case you do, those were my findings.

Nice work in your planning! Most impressed.

Please share your build pics. Such precision in preparation should make for a very informative build thread.

Thanks!