PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 12-21-2019, 12:16 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Remembering the D-10 Heavy battlecruiser

I had posted a thread a few years back, asking if anyone had ever built a model of they FASA ship; the Klingon D-10. We never found one but the ship drew a lot of interest at the time.

A friend of mine sent me this link today. I tried finding the old link again but couldn't so I thought I'd start another to share what he had sent me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRi4...ature=youtu.be

Its not perfectly accurate but I thought I might share the link as the video gives a hint of what the design would have looked like if ever putto film.

Hope you enjoy it!
Attached Thumbnails
Remembering the D-10 Heavy battlecruiser-klingon-d-10.jpg   Remembering the D-10 Heavy battlecruiser-heavycruiser_riskadh_refit.jpg   Remembering the D-10 Heavy battlecruiser-d-10-mini-near-d-7.jpg  
Old 12-22-2019, 01:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 34.87 MB
When I was young and played Star Fleet Battles, my friends and I regularly used FASA miniatures as direct replacements for SFB ships. I think we used the D-18 to represent a C-7 Heavy Battlecruiser.

Anyway, I made at least one card model miniature of a D-18. This was in the 1990s, long before I knew card models existed. I used to make starships out of acid free, fade free, colored paper and poster board. If I recall correctly, I still have one FASA D-18 and one card model D-18 clone. :D
Old 12-23-2019, 01:33 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
It would be awful cool if a skilled designer out there could make a model of this D-10, don't you think?
Old 01-09-2020, 11:56 PM

Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damraska View Post
When I was young and played Star Fleet Battles, my friends and I regularly used FASA miniatures as direct replacements for SFB ships. I think we used the D-18 to represent a C-7 Heavy Battlecruiser.

Anyway, I made at least one card model miniature of a D-18. This was in the 1990s, long before I knew card models existed. I used to make starships out of acid free, fade free, colored paper and poster board. If I recall correctly, I still have one FASA D-18 and one card model D-18 clone. :D
Share a pic of your work!!!!