PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 07-12-2020, 08:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 81.09 MB
Vintage/ out of print models and magazines... Is this Legal?

(Link removed as it, indeed, distributes content in a not so very legal way)

Has a lot of very old Maly Modelarz stuff as well as vintage paper modeling magazines for free, but not sure if legal.

from the page: "RC Bookcase is a project focused in sharing restored vintage model airplanes and related publications.
We accept donations of vintage model airplane magazines, scan them and restore them so they can be preserved for future generations of modelers."

The page on the copyright issues: "The copyright of the listings and webpages belongs to RCBookcase.com Regarding the the magazine issues made available here we believe they are all under public domain but if you own the copyrights to any of these issues please let us know so we can take action."

Last edited by Rubenandres77; 07-13-2020 at 07:42 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 07-13-2020, 08:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
People, please use common sense.

The fact that something is old does not automatically put it in "public domain".

Gone With the Wind is old, even older than most (or all) of the magazines listed in that site. But Gone With the Wind is not public domain.

Maly Modelarz still exists as a company today. Is not as if the publisher has disappeared abandoning the trademark and giving away their copyright claims. The fact that they are a publisher from an ex-communist country does not mean copyright laws do not apply to their earliest releases. If anything it just make it all more complex after Poland joined the EU.

And if you're still in doubt about anything similar, please just ask a moderator/administrator.

Old 07-13-2020, 10:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
A point to think about is, if they originally allowed the plans to be used in a magazine, have they not surrendered the rights to the 'model/design' even partly?
Old 07-13-2020, 07:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1158 View Post
A point to think about is, if they originally allowed the plans to be used in a magazine, have they not surrendered the rights to the 'model/design' even partly?
No. Not even.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Quote:
Originally Posted by llkd97 View Post
(Link removed as it, indeed, distributes content in a not so very legal way)

Has a lot of very old Maly Modelarz stuff as well as vintage paper modeling magazines for free, but not sure if legal.
Please. If you had doubts about the legality, then why post and put this site and its owners at risk..? If in doubt, you can always PM and admin to check.
Google Adsense