PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 08-07-2020, 03:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
JMSDF Service school paper models

Stumbled upon this page on the website of (what is translated by google as) JMSDF Service School....

This page is new, but the makers have the intention to post new models every now and than.

So far there are models of an auditorium used for ceremonies and a model of a student house, a turret salvaged from the wreck of IJN Mutsu with manual, a model of Kagero Class destroyer Yukikaze in 1/540 scale (more or less) with manual and a simplified model of IJN battleship Mutsu in 1/1000 scale (more or less)....and there's a senior officer's cap
Attached Thumbnails
JMSDF Service school paper models-dscn4187.jpg   JMSDF Service school paper models-ppgakuseikan.jpg   JMSDF Service school paper models-mutsu2.jpg   JMSDF Service school paper models-yukikaze.jpg   JMSDF Service school paper models-mutsu.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 08-07-2020, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 82.25 MB
Interesting find. Thank you. Hope you didn't hurt yourself when you stumbled....

Derek
Old 08-07-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbrit View Post
Interesting find. Thank you. Hope you didn't hurt yourself when you stumbled....

Derek
I'm fine, thank you
Old 08-08-2020, 11:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
Talking

Quote:

Derek
Very funny! LOL!!!
Old 08-09-2020, 02:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.88 GB
great findings, thank you!!
Google Adsense
Old 08-09-2020, 08:44 PM

Quote:

Derek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positive_Rate View Post
Very funny! LOL!!!
ik kan de humor hier ook wel van inzien, en ga er verder ook niet moeilijk over doen. ik wil u er alleen op attenderen dat het over het algemeen niet echt als beleefd wordt ervaren als er grappen worden gemaakt over iemands woordkeuze in een taal die niet zijn moedertaal is (in dit geval engels), terwijl de meeste engelstaligen geen enkele andere (voor hen) vreemde taal machtig zijn. maar dit is misschien een discussie die niet in het subforum "ik vond het op het internet" gevoerd moet worden.
maar goed, mijn opmerking is gebaseerd op het feit dat ik in een grijs verleden deze browser extensie voor een korte tijd heb uitgeprobeerd....voor het geval u het misschien wilde weten

Translation provided by Google Translate and rickstef
I can also see the humor in this, and I am not going to be difficult about it. I just want to point out that in general it is not really experienced as polite when jokes are made about someone's choice of words in a language that is not their native language (in this case English), while most English speakers do not have any other (for them) foreign language. but this may be a discussion that should not be done in the sub forum "found it on the internet". anyway, my comment is based on the fact that I have been trying out this browser extension for a short while in a gray past ... in case you might want to know

Last edited by rickstef; 08-09-2020 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Ah, somehow we keep forgetting that English isn't the primary language of all our members.

StumbleUpon is a word-play in itself, tripping onto something that you weren't looking for.

Unfortunately, word-play is the primary source of humor in a forum. Apologies
Old 08-10-2020, 02:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
That's quite a find. Thank you.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 82.25 MB
Oh dear, my regrettable attempt at a light piece of humor seems to have opened a small can of worms. Thus please accept my apologies, totally my mistake in not checking the member's location. What makes it even more embarrassing is that in two visits to Holland /Netherlands, the first to Amsterdam, the second to the Efteling theme park ,( both visits truly delightful )while my Dutch is virtually non-existent , apart from one or two words or phrases, my hosts were totally fluent in English. Thus, again my apologies if I caused offense especially in light of the link provided in the original post.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Oh dear, my regrettable attempt at a light piece of humor seems to have opened a small can of worms. Thus please accept my apologies, totally my mistake in not checking the member's location. What makes it even more embarrassing is that in two visits to Holland /Netherlands, the first to Amsterdam, the second to the Efteling theme park ,( both visits truly delightful )while my Dutch is virtually non-existent , apart from one or two words or phrases, my hosts were totally fluent in English. Thus, again my apologies if I caused offense especially in light of the link provided in the original post.
Don't worry, joke itself was funny and had to laugh about it myself. Think my response was a bit overreacted in this context, and I won't bother you with the underlying reasons for my reply. So apologies for this from my site, other apologies accepted and let's move on

Last edited by Foute Man; 08-11-2020 at 11:04 AM.
Google Adsense

Tags
buildings., jmsdf, ships