PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 08-15-2020, 05:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Cheap laser engraver

Dunno how good (or naff) it is yet, but I've ordered one.

https://letvioe.com/collections/tech...printing-stand

There's only ten left at the low price though, so if like me you're willing to gamble a few bob, get in quick.

I'll let y'all know what it's like when I get it, but they may well have sold out by then.
Old 08-15-2020, 06:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Looks like I'd need to get a smart phone to use it, though
Old 08-15-2020, 07:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
Very interesting find, I was thinking about how to make myself some rain tyres for F1 cars, I wonder if this is capable of punching in some very fine details. The price seems very decent.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I think it is going to come down to how much control it gives. They not only show laser stamping, but pieces that are cut out, so I hope that there are intermediate settings
Old 08-15-2020, 08:16 AM

VK ... I thought that too at first but somewhere I got the impression that it can be hooked up to a PC as well. I'm hoping so as I don't use a smartphone either. Actually, I do have one that I bought second-hand a couple of years ago, but I haven't latched onto a teenager with enough patience to teach this ol'duffer how to use it. My dead fingertips don't help much either. They are non-conductive and the screen doesn't always notice that I'm touching it. I've got a thingy on the end of a ball-point that sort of works it OK, but again I still need teaching how to speak Android. Dis fing am smarterer than I am.

What do I need a mobile phone for anyways? I rarely leave the house now, so a landline and PC interweb more than suffices my needs. I do have a few little drones around that could be controlled better by smartphone app than joystick boxes, but again ... I don't really have any need to fly them now.

I first saw this on a Utube video where they were engraving various surfaces with it, and also cutting paper stencils for decorating posh coffee. So I thought that if it can cut those stencils it may well be of use in our hobby too. 'er indoors does a lot of hobby stencil and die cut greetings card work, so it may save her some pennies by cutting her own stencils.

Last edited by JohnM; 08-15-2020 at 08:30 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 08-15-2020, 08:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Well... Class IV laser on an open tripod stand, I am not sure how it manages to pass any kind of certification. Please enlighten me on this
Old 08-15-2020, 08:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Looks interesting but those reviews seem kind of wonky, like they have been made up. There is something off about how they are worded.

I hope you actually get a working laser and are happy with it.
Old 08-15-2020, 08:53 AM

Will do Lex, but it hasn't arrived yet. I'm just as curious about it myself, but nowadays there are burning lasers around built into a pocketable pen shape. I recently got one from China that throws a solid green beam (like a Star Wars lightsaber) that is supposed to have a ten-mile range. It does indeed hit the top of my valley which is around three miles away, but beyond that, the next thing it can hit is Snowdon, which is 14 miles away and mostly shrouded in mist. I don't think it is meant for cutting though, but it will ignite a red match head from twenty feet away.
Old 08-15-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Looks interesting but those reviews seem kind of wonky, like they have been made up. There is something off about how they are worded.

I hope you actually get a working laser and are happy with it.
At £15.28 I won't be too disappointed if it's nothing more than a toy Doug, but it's gotta be worth a look, just in case it CAN do some of the things they show.
Old 08-15-2020, 10:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
Please set it up outside or in an extremely well ventilated area. The fumes produced by laser cutting some materials can be toxic.
And do not look at it while it is in operation, and be careful if there are reflective surfaces in your work area (including light coloured shiny walls).
I always wondered if a laser engraver could be used to texture a paper model's surface.
Be safe, have fun with it.
Google Adsense