PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 09-04-2020, 07:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 711.82 MB
Scale Garage Walls and Boxes for Diorama from Redcat Racing

Garage Walls and Boxes for a Diorama from Redcat Racing - maker of RC Cars.
Nice backdrop to show off RC Cars, Slot Cars or Paper Model Cars.
https://dealer.redcatracing.com/scalegarage

From their website:
"We have received a number of request from the community to create, publish and make available for download, scale replicas of some of the Redcat packaging. We took it one step further and have also created a Redcat Racing Scale Garage. Please feel free to download the files, use them with your custom creations, take photos and share them. Make sure you tag Redcat as we would love to see your creations. #Redcatcreations #Redcatnation #Redcatracing"
Attached Thumbnails
Scale Garage Walls and Boxes for Diorama from Redcat Racing-scalegaragehero.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-04-2020, 12:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Those look pretty good. Are they in 1/10 scale since that seems to be a standard RC scale?
Old 09-05-2020, 05:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 711.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
Those look pretty good. Are they in 1/10 scale since that seems to be a standard RC scale?
Per their printing instructions:
"Each of the downloadable, scale garage wall files shown below, have been created to be printed to any scale. However, it’s recommended to print each wall at its intended 30”x16” size. This will give the best results and scale look desired. If a large enough printer isn’t available, most office supply stores or custom print shops offer low cost print solutions."
It seems the default is probably 1:10, since it will work with most scale RC Cars when the walls are printed to the 30"x16" sheet size.
Old 09-05-2020, 05:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
There is a program called PosteRazor that will take a large picture and slice it up so you can print the parts on page sizes that will fit through your printer. You join the pages together to make a poster.
The version I have will slice the pic up into A4, A3, US Letter, US Legal, or Tabloid size.

You can open the pdf of the garage walls, make sure the entire graphic is displayed and use the Take Snapshot tool to copy it. Paste that into a graphics program and size it to the 30 x 16 size to maintain the scale and save it. You then use PosteRazor to slice it up for printing. PosteRazor saves the poster in pdf format.
PosteRazor
There is an online and a download version. I have not used the online version so do not know how it works. The download version works great. You can choose how much overlap between each page you want.
Old 09-05-2020, 10:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Doug, thanks for the info about the PosteRazor program.

Since I build 1/25-24 I'd want to print it at that scale if I used it for a backdrop.
Google Adsense