PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 09-11-2020, 06:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 711.82 MB
Hermercraft has granted access to his MEGA Folder of Aircraft Designs and Repaints

Mr Edwin Rodrigues - Hermercraft - has graciously allowed access to his entire MEGA Folder of Aircraft designs and repaints.
Following is my Facebook Messenger exchange with him.
BTW, This is his FB Page link:Hermercraft FB Page

Me: Mr Rodriguez can I get your permission to share the link to your MEGA folder with the Paper Modeler's Forum?

Hermercraft (Edwin Rodriguez): Yes sure, that folder is updated so there models that I haven't released officially that you can find there. I hope more people can get access to my designs and thank you for sharing.

Me: Thank You

Here is the link to the MEGA upload folder of Hermercraft Aircraft:

Last edited by rickstef; 09-12-2020 at 07:49 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 09-11-2020, 10:01 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Joe - that's very kind of him. There are some nice models there, especially for the commercial fans.
Old 09-12-2020, 01:23 AM

Kevin WS, if you're on FB and check the Hermercraft FB Page, there are write-ups and nice pics and some links to build videos for the models, too.

On his YouTube channel there is even a Tips for papercraft part 3 - Glossy papercrafts video showing exactly the process he uses to treat the paper to get the glossy finish to his models by using automotive gloss spray instead of using glossy paper, which sometimes causes gluing issues.

There is also an instructional video and links to a parts kit to build movable surfaces into the aircraft models in addition to Landing gear tilt, steering and suspension instructions .

Last edited by Captain; 09-12-2020 at 01:54 AM.
Old 09-12-2020, 01:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 917.06 MB
Very kind of you, Edwin!
Old 09-12-2020, 07:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I have to ask, since we had this discussion about unauthorized Canon repaints recently...
do you have permission (from Canon) to (repaint and) redistribute outside of Canon's own website?

And what about the Oddball (Murphy) kit, sold through ecardmodels, that you have repainted and are sharing...does the designer know?
I'm sure ecardmodels doesn't!

Same goes for the Nobi Osprey...do you have proper permissions for that one too.

If the answers are no, then lets kill the link to this 'Mega' folder ASAP!

Mods?
Google Adsense
Old 09-12-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
I have to ask, since we had this discussion about unauthorized Canon repaints recently...
do you have permission (from Canon) to (repaint and) redistribute outside of Canon's own website?

And what about the Oddball (Murphy) kit, sold through ecardmodels, that you have repainted and are sharing...does the designer know?
I'm sure ecardmodels doesn't!

Same goes for the Nobi Osprey...do you have proper permissions for that one too.

If the answers are no, then lets kill the link to this 'Mega' folder ASAP!

Mods?
I was under the impression that everything in the MEGA folder was either original design or authorized repaints. If they are not, then I have to agree with Airdave - unless the repaints can be considered "fan art" since none are being offered for sale.

I had downloaded Hermercraft models directly from his individual FB posts and just recently saw his post where he had shared the contents of his entire folder of aircraft.
Next time, I'll be sure to investigate further and get clarification before sharing a link like this, again.

My apologies to Rick, the Paper modelers Forum members, and applicable designers if this is in fact infringement of any of their designs.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:21 AM

I contacted Mr Rodriguez and he apologized, explaining that the MEGA folder was his personal folder that he had shared not thinking about the commercial models in it.

He will be sure to clean the publicly available MEGA folder to include only Hermercraft designs and repaints and remove all the commercial models from the folder. He indicated it may take a little while, since he is not at home at the moment.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Just so you know, I saw no original designs in that folder.
It was all repaints/recolours of existing aircraft, mostly Canon property.
I apologize if I missed something.

"Commercial models" (ie models for sale) has no bearing on this discussion.
Selling a model or sharing it for free, does not change the need for permissions.
If the original model design is created and/or owned by someone else, you must have their permission to do anything with it....anything!
this includes public sharing, repaints and "free" models.

Use of corporate (airline) liveries is the only thing that could be argued as "fan-appreciation" (fan-art).
And even that falls under the same scrutiny.
If an airline company decides you are infringing on their copyrights or intellectual properties, you will be order to cease.
Similarly, if another company (like a diecast toy maker) pays to use a particular livery and/or logos, they will have a complaint against you.
Once again, free model or not, it won't matter.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
{SNIP}.....

unless the repaints can be considered "fan art" since none are being offered for sale.
Glad it's been cleared up. But to expand on this......repaints being "fan art" does NOT matter, repainted models cannot be distributed, free or for sale, unless permission from the original designer is obtained. Otherwise, true fan art repaints, would be repaints completed by the fan of the designer and NOT released to anyone else as was in this case through a Mega link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
{SNIP}.....

He will be sure to clean the publicly available MEGA older to include only Hermercraft designs and repaints and remove all the commercial models from the folder. He indicated it may take a little while, since he is not at home at the moment.
Be sure to let him know that he also shouldn't release any repaints that he did not get permission to release from the designer for any models that were free already. If he would like to release any commercial model repaints like the Oddball kit and the Nobi kit....he can always sign up to be a vendor on Ecardmodels and sell them through there.
Old 09-12-2020, 09:59 AM

This is entirely Rick's call. And he has spoken.
I'm not the attorney for the defense - just opining like everyone else and relaying what I was told.
Google Adsense