PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 12-11-2020, 03:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
Japanese Lighthouses

As you might know, the Japanese Coast Guard offers a lot of models on various websites. There are a lot of ships and lighthouses/breakwater lights available on multiple pages, as there are many (sub)departments of the Japanese Coastguard.
It's very easy to get lost.
Regarding the lighthouses I found a page, with (I think) most of the models of lighthouses in several lists.

This is how it works:

- Click on this link

- Translate the page to the language you prefer

- On top of the list you'll find two pdf files. (one file is a "how to make papercraft" file, the other one is a sample file with small illustrations of the lighthouses

- In the list you'll find the models, most of them in 1/100 scale

- All files/lighthouses have been labeled with a number. I haven't figured out if this catalogue number stands for the model, or for the lighthouse itself (or both)

- Most models are in black and white, as most lighthouses in Japan are white

- The page i linked to is only the page for the first district. In the menu on the left you'll find 10 other districts. The number of models is by far beyond 100+

- Most Japanese lighthouses, and also the models aren't that big, as most lighthouse have been built on high ground. There are execptions to this rule

- Every district has it's own sample page

this is the Japanese Wikipedia page with an incomplete list of lighthouses in Japan

have fun browsing/downloading/building
Google Adsense

Tags
architectural models, coast guard, japan, lighthouse