PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 12-29-2020, 10:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Thanks for the information. Now I will open the link.
Old 12-31-2020, 05:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 346.95 MB
Is anyone able to contact the designer? I would dearly love to have his Fiat CR.32 model, but it doesn't seem to have a link on the konradus forum.
Old 05-20-2021, 07:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 470.35 MB
Hi,
Does anyone have a working link? The one posted seems to have expired.

Many thanks, Sergio
Old 05-23-2021, 04:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Hopefully it will be reposted at some stage, all his designs are works of art...
Old 05-23-2021, 08:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 219.9 KB
Sally currently available from

Model - Mitsubishi Ki-21 Sally (Skala 1-33) - seti5 - Chomikuj.pl

Links to some other models on left side of that page.
Google Adsense
Old 05-24-2021, 04:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
The download is in a difficult format - individual pages as .pdfs. I've aggregated the files and separated the two versions of the model. The Ki-21 model comes with two representations of the original. Since I don't know what the unit markings represent so I've entitled them Ki-21 Soft Camo (for feathered edges on the camo blocks) and Ki-21 Hard Camo (for hard edged blocks).

You can download these, with the instructions at:

Dropbox - Inwald_Ki_21.zip - Simplify your life

It's a 35.7 Mb file

The Dropbox link should be good for many months but an admin on this site perhaps should contact Andrew Inwald and ask if it can be hosted in the Downloads section.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 05-24-2021, 09:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Tentative I.D. of "Soft Camo" Aircraft

Thanks for that work, Charlie. It is certainly a beautiful model.

So far, I have been unable to identify the unit represented by the white tail markings on the aircraft Charlie identifies as “Hard Camo.”

I have a tentative identification for the red tail markings of the model Charlie calls “Soft Camo.”

Donald Thorpe identifies a Ki-21 with these markings as of the 8th Air Division (Hikōshidan), HQ Chutai (Shireibu Hikōhan), based on Formosa in 1944. [Donald W. Thorpe, Japanese Army Air Force Camouflage and Markings World War II, Fallbrook, CA: Aero Publishers, 1968, p. 130 and cover illustration.]

This style of marking appears to have been standard for headquarters flights and it a stylized representation of a Roman Numeral 8 [VIII]. Rene J. Francillon says that a similar tail marking with one less horizontal bar (a stylized Roman 7 [VII]) was used by the 7th Wing [or “Brigade” – Hikōdan], HQ Flight (Shireibu Hikōhan), in Indochina 1941 and includes an illustration of a KI-57 paratroop transport in these markings (The Mitsubishi Ki-21, Profile Publications No. 172, Leatherhead, Surrey, UK: Profile Publications, 1967, p. 15).

Scott Atken, in his report on building an MPM model of the Ki-21, identifies an aircraft with the same marking as the Ki-57 and identifies it, too, as of the 7th Hikōdan Headquarters Flight [Scott Atken, “MPM 1/72 Ki-21 ‘Sally’”, available at https://modellingmadness.com/scott/axis/j/ki21.htm]. He cites Thorpe, but also Model Art #533, Camouflage and Markings of IJA Bombers, a publication that, to my great sadness, I do not possess .

So, based on Thorpe, I tentatively identify the “Soft Camo” Ki-21 as of the Headquarters Flight, 8th Air Division and draw a blank on the “Hard Camo” marking.

Later, I hope to raise this issue in the J-Aircraft Forum and meanwhile, some member of our Forum who is more knowledgeable than I may be able to solve the mystery of the "Hard Camo" marking.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Ki-21 Sally by Andrew Inwald-inwald_model_ki-21-ii-ko_red_tail_markings_detail.jpg   Ki-21 Sally by Andrew Inwald-mitsubishi_ki-21_8_hikoshidan_shireibu_hikohan_thorpa_p130.jpg   Ki-21 Sally by Andrew Inwald-mitsubishi_ki-57-1_7_hikodan_shireibu_hikohan_francillon_ki-21_p15.jpg   Ki-21 Sally by Andrew Inwald-mitsubishi_ki-21_scott_atken_model_7th_wing_hq_flight_maybe.jpg  

Last edited by Don Boose; 05-24-2021 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-24-2021, 04:25 PM

Maurice

Thanks for going to the trouble of finding that current download link.

Maurice
Old 05-24-2021, 04:25 PM

Maurice

You're welcome, don't mention it.

Maurice
Old 05-25-2021, 03:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Thanks, Charlie, not sure how I missed this one when it was released but very much appreciate you ,making it available like this...
Google Adsense