PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 02-19-2021, 03:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 110.00 MB
Do not buy anything and i mean anything from wish dot com. There are numerous u-tubers that have shown the merchandise is complete junk. Some u-tubers have even post videos of certain spec products that do not even come close to the specs they claim.
Who let China into the WTO without copyright,trademark, ETC., protections anyhow ?
Old 02-20-2021, 04:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregh View Post
Do not buy anything and i mean anything from wish dot com. There are numerous u-tubers that have shown the merchandise is complete junk. Some u-tubers have even post videos of certain spec products that do not even come close to the specs they claim.
Who let China into the WTO without copyright,trademark, ETC., protections anyhow ?
China joined in december 2001, during the presidency of George W Bush, shortly after Mr Bush declared war on terrorism......
Old 02-20-2021, 08:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
oh, so now its George Bush's fault? LOL

I thought Trump trumped all his mistakes?
Old 02-21-2021, 03:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.28 GB
Looks like the image is photoshopped and nothing more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperPino View Post
Translated from Russian:

Assembled model for gluing from paper/cardboard with your own hands
Title: "Akademik Mstislav Keldysh"
Publisher: PaperPino
Author of NPS Explorer model: Giuseppe (Pino) Civitarese
Transcription in NES "Akademik Mstislav Keldysh": John Doe

Catch the differences:

Attachment 440619
It is unethical for someone to just copy paste an original and write their name on it as the designer! It has happened a lot and that is why many designers are fading away due to such piracy and theft of creative identity.

Anti-Piracy Task Force is required to track & hunt down such activities BUT its practically tedious to do! AND, LASTLY, WHO CARES!!
Old 02-21-2021, 05:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 48.92 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to Dane
bkensky you are right. It is needed to create a group or topic in this site where will be publishing pirate names and who what and when had been stolen.
And the second step is exchange or trade models only personally from "hand to hand". By e-mail or messenger for example.
These simple two steps will give us minimum steals.
Old 02-21-2021, 05:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.28 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane View Post
bkensky you are right. It is needed to create a group or topic in this site where will be publishing pirate names and who what and when had been stolen.
And the second step is exchange or trade models only personally from "hand to hand". By e-mail or messenger for example.
These simple two steps will give us minimum steals.
Hi Dane!
Yes Indeed! There must a list of such pirate sites and to alert potential victims from buying such pirated products. The major issue is some countries have not allowed their public to access www freely without using VPN! That is why, the ones who get the full access to www or through VPN are turning as pirates and many sale the downloadable models within their territory for profit.
Websites such as:
1. alex papermodels
2. wish dot com

I also happened to stumble upon South American websites selling my free models once upon a time!
Old 02-21-2021, 07:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Dane and bkensky...

A. That 'anti piracy" group has existed here for many many years. Its called "the community".
Once people here all agree and start working together, the group will function properly.

*There are already a number of veteran members here who have taken the fight more seriously, contacting websites,
filing takedown reports, and contributing information to the group with regards to the piracy fight, kudos to them.

B. An anti-piracy group was initiated by ecardmodels more than ten years ago,
and ecardmodels has always taken piracy very seriously, doing everything they can to protect their sellers.
*unfortunately many of the related threads here were lost over the years through forum updates.

C. I myself have championed the cause for years...not only fighting to protect my own property,
but I've put in a lot of work protecting the work of others without their knowledge.
Its funny how little credit I've received, but plenty of criticism and insult.
(I'm talking about you zealots and uhu-minions!)

D. I've also posted countless numbers of posts and threads related to this fight, which mostly bore and irritate a lot of people here.
Most just want to build their models and ignore whats happening to designers.
"Its not my worry, so..."

I've received criticisms for things I say in this regard, and very little credit for the efforts I put in trying to file dmca reports and takedown notices.
But I was never looking for credit in that regard.
I remember when I focused on Uhu's models...contacting websites whenever I saw one of his models.
Nobody asked me to do this...I didn't even tell anyone.
But then, when I criticised the Uhu's own methods for battling piracy, I was blackballed by the Uhu-minions.
Some even suggested that I had pirated Uhu's models.
LOL Look where they are now...even Uhu left them! LOL

So my point is, what you are saying isn't new...the things you are suggesting already exist.
if you wish to take up the fight, feel free...you're welcome to call on me if you need help with anything.
But usually, its just a lot of talk and bluster, and nobody really does anything.

and NO...a list of pirate sites is just free advertising for those sites.

If we tell people not to look at something, they will look at it.
And once you look, you will be tempted.

Its best to stop visiting those sites...since visits earn them revenue.
the majority of "pirate" sites are just money-makers.
They earn money from advertising when you visit the site...they don't care about the products they are pushing...thats the bait.
If nobody went there, then they would stop using that bait (paper models).
Old 02-21-2021, 09:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 48.92 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to Dane
I know my English is bad. I only said:
A. Create a PERSONAL list of shame. Name persons non-grata for model sites. It is needed*that public opinion starts to*work.
B. Trade and exchange models only personally. Maybe with personal recommendation for buyers.
In any way you will track who realizes your model in piracy site.
Stealing is an honor in Russia. I hope other countries don't.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
The internet ate my first draft, so this is a re write and second post attempt.
Many years ago I corresponded with Chip Fyn about piracy.
It cannot be eliminated since a determined person(s) can always figure out ways to bypass the barriers thrown up against him, but it can be made a little more difficult to do.

The designer could embed text with contact information and terms of use on one page among the parts and in the instructions.
Each page could be watermarked with the designer or seller's website URL, and it can also be printed on tabs and under surface or inconspicuous surfaces of the completed model. At least a stolen model might lead to more clicks or future purchases or donations.
Each page of models sold over the internet could be watermarked with the purchasers email address, along the lines of "This model was sold to ''[email protected]_". Thank you for your purchase." or similar. I am sure a script could be written and added to the sales site software that could do this automatically.
The watermarks do not have to be ink hogs they just need to be visible.

Stenography could be used to hide purchaser information or a serial number within the printed parts of the model, so if a pirated copy pops up on the internet, the designer can determine where it originally came from,
These will not eliminate piracy, but they might discourage the casual content thief, since these measures will require some specialized knowledge and require the investment of time and effort to find and remove them before the model is improperly uploaded to internet.
===

I build only digital models, since I consistently bollix (make a soggy creased blob) or loose parts (it flies out of the tweezers and vanishes, probably to the same dimension missing socks go to) and need to print replacements. I would hate to see the supply of new digital models dry up, the the prospect of trying to build a pre-printed paper model where each part is a one shot deal is terrifying.

That said, designers might consider selling hard copy on A4 sheets which is larger than what many home printers and scanners can handle.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:58 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wagenseil View Post
That said, designers might consider selling hard copy on A4 sheets which is larger than what many home printers and scanners can handle.
As someone who has sold printers and scanners, the statement about A4 being bigger than most home printers and scanners can handle, is false.
A4 size media in US inches is 8.29 by 11.69 inches, whereas the US Letter sized paper is 8.50 by 11 inches, slightly thinner in the width, slightly longer in the length.

Canon, Epson, HP, and other printer/scanner producers make units for worldwide consumption, therefore A4 and Letter size paper needs to be accounted for.
The bed of the scanner is a bit wider than 8.5 inches, and a bit longer than 11.69 inches, 9x12 on average, with the occasional scanner that can handle legal sized documents 8.5x14 inches.

With printers, the standard width is around 9 inches, I would not recommend putting 9 inch wide paper in there, as it will warp and bunch inside the printer.
What isn't mentioned in the printer documentation, you are technically not limited to A4/Letter/Legal sized stock, you can make banners of around 9 feet in length, so length in a home printer is also of no concern.

If you really want to limit piracy, education is still the primary tool, all others can and will help, and like that which has been mentioned, those determined will find a way.
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense