PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 10-07-2021, 08:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
maquettes hautetfort website

Links page seems broken so I don't know if I can put it there but a nice site with lots of models, website says there are models in progress but i doubt it as there haven't been updates to it for a quite a while :/

last update is 2015

Link: Maquettes en papier - Paper models - ペーパーモデル
Google Adsense
Old 10-07-2021, 02:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 969.48 MB
Thanks for the link. It looks like the site owner does his designing the old fashion way (pencil, compass, ruler and straight angle devices). They look very precisely done. I noticed that the designer suggested plastic for some parts. I think you could just layer those parts and soak them with thin CA glue to stiffen them. I do that for bi-plane wing struts and it works well. I lay the parts on wax paper, soak them and then place another layer of wax paper. I then place a flat heavy weight over the parts and let them dry for 12 hours. That always works for me.
Old 10-07-2021, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missileer View Post
Thanks for the link. It looks like the site owner does his designing the old fashion way (pencil, compass, ruler and straight angle devices). They look very precisely done. I noticed that the designer suggested plastic for some parts. I think you could just layer those parts and soak them with thin CA glue to stiffen them. I do that for bi-plane wing struts and it works well. I lay the parts on wax paper, soak them and then place another layer of wax paper. I then place a flat heavy weight over the parts and let them dry for 12 hours. That always works for me.
Most of the plastic seems to be for cockpits but for some models the use of it does appear to be structural? Hard to read instructions for me i only understand German and English and the english on the website is not the best
Old 10-07-2021, 07:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 969.48 MB
On the subject of language interpretation; I need a translator to interpret what my granddaughters text me. I cannot keep up with the ever changing teen slang and abbreviations.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:51 PM

As someone around that age i can somehow agree, i constantly get behind!
Google Adsense
Old 10-08-2021, 02:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 46.91 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ätherwellen View Post
Most of the plastic seems to be for cockpits but for some models the use of it does appear to be structural? Hard to read instructions for me i only understand German and English and the english on the website is not the best
Hi,
if you need help to translate or understand texts and instructions from French, please tell me. i'll be glad to help you