PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 10-25-2021, 04:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 325.07 MB
Kranich models

Old kranich models, in official site.
Models in jpg.
Not sure about the image scaling, but it looks that all the pages of the models are there.

Kranich Modellbogen - Willkommen auf Kranich Modellbogen

Cheers!

Last edited by Goncalo Mendes; 10-25-2021 at 04:17 PM. Reason: missing the link!
Google Adsense
Old 10-25-2021, 05:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
The website is an archive of cardmodels from the formed GDR (East Germany).
I believe their are no copyright issues since in communist countries copyright did not exist since all production belonged to the state. There are some rather unique models in the collection - I think the 1:25 Russian T-10 heavy tank is the only large scale model of this tank ever published.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 10-25-2021, 06:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 48.92 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to Dane
"I believe their are no copyright issues since in communist countries copyright did not exist since all production belonged to the state..."

Copyright does exist always. Just commy didn't recognize copyright as many other things. You know. Feel the difference.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
What a wonderful page!! And no copyright issues so it means one can download the models without infringing any laws. Thanks for posting it here.
Old 10-26-2021, 05:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
I made few of Kranich models that were republished in Maly and all were very well designed models. Part fit was superior to many other kits from that era.

As far as I know those models are in public domain with certain limitations much like old MON Polish Ministry of Defence models and some Soviet Union kits.
Google Adsense
Old 10-26-2021, 06:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
Thank you for posting the link to the Kranich site.
It took a bit of clicking to get to the models and then my reaction was WOW, a trove of priceless treasures for the taking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are amazing paper models from the end of the hand drawn era.
The site owners did a great job of documenting the models, both in original uncut sheets and in assembled form.
Some of the ships and panzer models are already calling out to me.
Thank you so much.
Old 10-26-2021, 08:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

And hi Goncalo Mendes. Thanks so much for the link to the Kranich collection. It’s a very interesting group of old paper models, with a number of unique paper model subjects. I had a quick look through all the aviation models and many of the others as well.

While many of the kits look as though they could be built into handsome models, aviation enthusiasts might be disappointed in the condition of some of the pages of the aircraft models. The strange, dark color on these pages is due to the inability of computer scans or photographs to replicate the most striking feature of these particular kits, the use of Kranich’s Metallfolie, or metal foil paper.

When new, the original, finished models had a shiny finish that looked a bit too bright to my eye. See the attched photograph below. However, judging by the number of Metallfolie aircraft models available from Kranich, it must have been a popular feature. Unfortunately, over time, the Metallfolie tended to wear away from the paper as the bond between the two was weak. This could not only happen to the built-up models but to the uncut pages themselves. Simple handling and shelf-wear of the original pages would gradually wear away the foil coating. This accounts for all the “white spots” seen on many of the vintage model’s pages. See the attached page from Kranich’s E-166 model.

But, all in all, this collection is a real find for the vintage paper model enthusiast. So, many thanks again to Goncalo Mendes for the link.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Attached Thumbnails
Kranich models-kranich-2.jpg   Kranich models-kranich-e-166.jpg  
Old 10-26-2021, 08:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
Remembered I started a thread about the same subject a few years ago

I'd like to quote one remark made on january 14th 2019:

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedance View Post
Hello all,

this is a private site and you will find some model Scans from me there, too. Whenever you see Michael Golke, this is me. Ist just a Review site and not all pages are scanned and shown there. Ist just for Information not for download.
Michael
Original Kranich issues are still being sold on the various market places, however there is a price to pay.....
Old 10-26-2021, 03:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
What a great find - have had the space station for years, but never tried: the original paper / foil is far too thick. Thanks for the tip!
Old 10-26-2021, 07:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
The models can be beautifully restored using any good software like Photoshop. By the way, has anybody out there has the old Polish MON card models? They also have a nice collection of aircraft and other subjects. I also think that they have no copyright issues since they were published a very long time ago by the Polish Government.
Google Adsense