PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 11-17-2009, 10:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 177.15 MB
Cool Batman Arkham Asylum Game models in PDO

Hey Guys

I found a website that creates costumes for Superheros called: The League of Heros. A user there has ripped the 3D models from the game Batman Arkham Asylum. Is it OK to post the link here? He has posted the links to download the PDO files for 17 models so far including the Batmobile, Grappling Gun, and Batarang. The Batwing is due to be uploaded later this week. I've downloaded them and checked them in Pepakura 3 Viewer. The 3D models are there but they haven't been setup for printing out the parts. Is anyone up for working on them? You can Private Message me for the link if its OK to do that. Or if someone says I can post the link to the website I'll do that.

Clif
Google Adsense
Old 11-17-2009, 10:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
just wanted to comment on this...

this idea of ripping models from games involves a number of copyright infringement issues and yet it has been done for a very long time and seems to be positively tolerated by gamemakers (as well as other license holders)...I'm thinking it falls into the category of "fan art".

I have even seen game companies involved in the third party handling of model files from within a game.

I could be wrong here...but this does seem like a tolerated and somewhat permissable action.

I would however, be leary of selling anything that uses game models or licensed characters
and I would avoid using licensed logos, characters, names, etc in any advertising

on a similar topic...i found this "suit" on that site (League of Heroes).
Sean here, has built himself IronMan's armor
(based on a toy version)
using cardboard, Foamboard and Bondo

what somepeople will do to avoid recycling! lol

Old 11-17-2009, 10:44 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
posting the link to the page is fine

kinda hard to surf to it when it is not included
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 11-17-2009, 10:59 AM

Thanks rickstef

I guess I've been overly worried over stuff like this since I got barred over that the other site for posting a link.

Here it is.

http://theleagueofheroes.yuku.com/topic/7763/t/Batman-Arkahm-Asylum-Pdo-s.html

I hope someone is interested in making these print ready. I'd love to build the Batmobile, Batwing, and maybe the grappler and batarang. I'm a huge Batman fan since I was a little kid. I'm still hoping someone will design a good Batman figure or the animated Batwing.

Clif
Old 11-17-2009, 08:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Smile Hello Cliff,

Quote:
Originally Posted by clif52 View Post
I'd love to build the Batmobile, Batwing, and maybe the grappler and batarang. I'm a huge Batman fan since I was a little kid. I'm still hoping someone will design a good Batman figure or the animated Batwing.
Clif
You can find very fine models of '66 Batmobile and Batman Begin's Tumbler here:
paperinside.com - FREE Paper Models Batman

and a more crude model (alas, it's my prefered :() of Batman Return's Keaton's Batmobile here:

miscellaneous Ninjatoes’ papercraft webpage

I'll have a look @ the pdo File. If it's a very fine model of the Batman I or II batmobile, then maybe I'll try...
Google Adsense
Old 11-18-2009, 08:18 AM

This Batmobile is from the Batman Arkham Asylum game. All the designs for the game are new and designed just for the game. The Batmobile is COOL and kind of a combination of previous designs with a retro look to the front. I'm still a fan of the Animated Batman series from the 90s. I'd like to see an animated Batmobile and an Animated Batwing paper kit. Thanks for the links I think I've downloaded all of these, but haven't had time to build them yet. Work keeps getting in the way of modeling.

Clif
Old 11-18-2009, 07:15 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks for info. I don't know the game (but I still appreciate the animated series of these last years), so I'll have a look to the .pdo file, if it is so fine.

Take care
Old 11-19-2009, 08:49 PM

Smile Hello Cliff,

Quote:
Originally Posted by clif52 View Post
This Batmobile is from the Batman Arkham Asylum game... The Batmobile is COOL and kind of a combination of previous designs with a retro look to the front.

Clif

I just had a glance at the PDO file, and yes you are right, the Batmobile is very COOL . I wish I could buil this one, but unfolding may be a little difficult for the motor part, as I am more a builder than a designer or paper model maker.:D

But if nobody does it, maybe I'll try next year. But as may people say, "there are soooo many models to build, and tooooo few time to do them" :(
Old 11-20-2009, 08:00 AM

Darth Windius

I to have a lot to build. I collect everything I can and save it on CD/DVD for later building. I'm more skilled in the Photoshop texture department since I work as a commercial artist/graphic designer. I work mostly in Macintosh so I haven't had a chance to work with Pep that much. I have been able to take existing files and print them to PDF at work on a PC but don't have access to Pepakura Designer to learn it. I would like to learn one of the 3D programs so I could do some designs of my own and how to convert them into paper models. I've mostly built existing paper models and I design dioramas for 7" and 12" action figures.

Clif
Old 11-21-2009, 09:59 PM

Wink

In another life, I bought only Steve job's MacIntosh. Using the initial M. (which stand for Marc) of my name, Alain M. Comte, my friends nicknamed me Alain "Mac" Comte, wich was shorten in MacAlain (wich was very close to the name of the (very good) scotish single malt whisky MacAllan :D).

But later, for compatibility with job, I was obliged to fal to the Dark Side of Computers (Windows powered PC), and thus became Darth Windius :(.

Any relation to Star Wars Saga is NOT hasardous :D:D:D
Google Adsense