PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 02-20-2010, 05:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Kalinin K-12

This is one of the finds lost during the Great Server Crash of '10...you can download it from Boomgen but you will have to register to get to the download library. It's easy enough to do and I found the easiest way for me was to have parallel tabs open with the original site and the Bing-Translated version in the other.

In the lost post there was some discussion on whether the model had scaled properly when it was published: with a wingspan of 20.9 meters or about 68 feet, there was a question that the model only has a span of 18 inches. My quick non-scientific measurement of the parts, printed out direct from GIMP, gave me a result of 60.6cm or about 24 inches so it's close enough to 1/33 for this kid.

The model has a full interior, including the bomb bay and gun turrets, and detailed engines. There is also some discussion on the site regarding recolouring into a standard Soviet pre-war military scheme.

The weird shape and unusual colour scheme have elevated this model to the head of my 'must built' queue.

Last edited by SJPONeill; 02-20-2010 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Screwed up the URL
Google Adsense
Old 02-20-2010, 05:57 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
a good find the colour scheme showing in that picture is wack may I say is that a real scheme If i was a fighter pilot I would shot it down for crimes against colour schemes alone hee hee
Old 02-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Eternal Member

I think that site is linked to a pirate site in some way? there is one with the same name that is posting wak models modelik and others? its is a pirate site dude big time go to their main page and you see that they have models that or for sale in places with links to deposite files.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 167.48 MB
Pirates?

Well, what you get if you choose to register is a link to a file sharing site such as Uploading or Hotfiles etc. Lots of people have uploaded model files to these sites, and if you think this is just sharing and it's OK, then that's up to you, but if the models are ones that have been originally bought from pay sites, then downloading them from Depositfiles or Rapidshare etc. is certainly a bit "iffy", isn't it? So does that mean that sites like these (which do not actually host the files, but just tell other people where they have been found) are pirates? Hmmm.
Effectively, you could say that sites like Hotfiles and all the others are the "pirates", or rather, the people who put paid-for files on these sites are the pirates....
Old 02-20-2010, 08:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
Sadly the original thread is lost but the models is free because the author logged here to write about the model.

If you translate de post in the Russian forum the author is asking to don't put the model in the pirate site with a similar name. He's sharing his designs with this kind of service because he has no capacity to do it in another way.
Google Adsense
Old 02-20-2010, 01:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 167.48 MB
Fair enough, then. For those who don't want to be bothered registering, the model is found on
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting

and

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting

And if anyone thinks this is piracy, well, zap this post!
Old 02-20-2010, 02:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Just like the discussion we had on ecardmodels this week re the difference between vBulletin and the web host, there is a difference here - the designer/publisher of this model has opted to upload via one of the file sharing services; due to the models file size, I don't think it would be sustainable for him to carry the download costs himself. In the same position, I would probably do the same but...just because these sites host a lot of pirated material doesn't mean that everything there is pirated.

I also think that we should respect he publisher's wishes and not promulgate any OTHER locations where it might be hosted - the Hotfiles links are the original ones...
Old 02-21-2010, 04:15 PM

modell' in an army camouflage practically complete and will be laid out on Friday, can be on Saturday
Old 02-21-2010, 04:31 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Thanks for putting this thread back on,
When I found this model on a pirate-site I traced it back to Shtirliz' own site, boomgen, but I stongly recomend that everybody downloads it from his site, so he can take the credits for this exceptional model..
Old 02-27-2010, 02:30 PM

VS-2 in military camouflage is finished!
Google Adsense