PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 03-06-2010, 09:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Nice tank

I don't know if this has already been posted here or not, but this is one of the most detailed freebees I have ever seen. I am trying to build it right now, but the instructions are all in Polish (I think) and none of the on-line translation sights I have tried do a good enough job of translating for me to use them. If anyone has built this I would love some advice or better yet a build thread that you may have posted. Anyway, here is the link:
WWW.KONRADUS.COM - AGAND
Google Adsense
Old 03-06-2010, 11:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Yes, this is a very nice model indeed. I remember seeing a build thread on this some time ago over on one of the German forums. I thought it was very helpful... lots of pictures to follow. I'll try to track it down and if I find it I'll post a link for it here.

Good Luck.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Here's one, but not the one I'm thinking of.... Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um's Kartonmodell... | Bauberichte | M5A1 Stuart IV Tank von Konradus
Old 03-07-2010, 07:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
I've only seen one complete build of the M5A1 (although I thought the build was a bit rough in places) on a Polish forum.

The model really needs recolouring to approximate olive-drab unless you are going to paint the model. The track design is complicated and may be part of the reason that so few seem to get finished.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 03-07-2010, 12:14 PM

Thanks all, I will check out that build thread and see if I can get any info from that. Thanks for the link. Also, I am repainting the whole model. I am not sure why a designer would go through such great lenghts to design such well detailed model and then color it such an unrealistic color. Oh well, doing a complete paint will help blend everything together and hide all of the white edges. I am just not sure how I am going to make panel lines stand out. Does scoring the paper where the panel line is before painting make the line stand out enough once it is covered with several coats of paint?
Google Adsense
Old 03-07-2010, 03:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencermitchellmusic View Post
Thanks all, I will check out that build thread and see if I can get any info from that. Thanks for the link. Also, I am repainting the whole model. I am not sure why a designer would go through such great lenghts to design such well detailed model and then color it such an unrealistic color. Oh well, doing a complete paint will help blend everything together and hide all of the white edges. I am just not sure how I am going to make panel lines stand out. Does scoring the paper where the panel line is before painting make the line stand out enough once it is covered with several coats of paint?
I wouldn't go overboard with the panel lines - on the real tank the hull was welded and welds ground flat so the joins between plates aren't very obvious. The only clear joins on the tank are where plates are removable.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 03-07-2010, 08:32 PM

Thanks Charlie. I will have to get on the net and look at some pics to find out which ones I will need to make visible.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:55 PM

Google did a pretty good translation of the website .. translated .. and it IS Polish
Old 06-29-2011, 09:33 PM

Location: Pennsylvania, USA, one state away from Almost Heaven.
Sorry to revive an old thread like this, but i cannot find a build thread for the Stuart model mentioned above here on these forums.. could someone point me in the right directions, or, if there is not, has anyone built it yet (in the past year, I mean)? I have been looking for a highly detailed free model to build before I start spending money, and this one sure seems to be the most detailed freebee of the armored tracked vehicle type out there. I just want to know if anyone has completed it around here.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Karl,

How about a highly detailed armored scout car with full interior and opening hatches. this a translated link to a Russian web site showing the build of the Panhard AML 90 and AML 60 HERE (don't panic guys its a legal site)
the following are the various downloads for these free models. GPM sells a UN version of this model as a commercial kit so these may be free downloads but they are typical of a commercial kit from GPM.
AML60 Spanish
AML60 French
AML90F1
AML90
AML90 Lebanon

A word to the wise these will build up to some very good models but they have some fit problems so pre fit everything and don't be afraid to trim the interior parts to get them to fit.
To fix the white colored edges, rather then paint the whole model (you may be disappointed with the results) color the edges with, art pens, water color pencils or my favorite water color paints. This is the first trick to achieving a good model

Or you could wait for Ervins next model which is the Sheridan M551A1

Jim Nunn