PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 02-19-2008, 07:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Yes, it was v_14b from the git go (0400 Eastern). Strangely enough, he forgot to change the date - still 2-14.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:56 AM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
That's why I was wondering Ron. When I first looked at the page I saw the same date, and that's usually my check to look for new download (that's how I was catching the multiple versions of the same plane a while back). When I saw that the date was the same but a different plane, the 'b' stuck out and I compared it to Don's post and didn't see the 'b'. Thanks for checking - it appears I didn't miss anything
Old 02-19-2008, 08:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Good eye, Dan!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
I almost missed the new model when I visited Trotskiy's site this morning because the date wasn't changed. I figured out a long time ago that he will change the date whenever he does anything to change the page. But this time, he didn't.

Dan, the previous Pete was reikan_v14 dated 12-16-06. The only difference between the two is minor panel changes in the main, center-line float.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Aviation Moderator

The M6A1 'Seiran' is up for download.

Last edited by dansls1; 02-23-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 02-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Aviation Moderator

My first Trotskiy!

Ok - so I've been collecting these things since I got back into modeling almost a year ago - but hadn't built any yet. Last night I got the bug to whip one out. I printed on legal Bristal Exact Wausau paper, which is lighter than the 67# cover stock I've been using, but still at about 0.2mm thickness (maybe a touch under instead of a touch over). The largest I could still print was 71%, which means this model is about 1/85th scale. I could get a lot closer to the 1/60th on legal paper if I could figure out how to reduce the margins, or even just print the 'model' part of the Trotskiy page layout and skip the extra bits.
I sort of randomly picked the P40 - and here she is. I didn't do landing gear. Build took about an hour using good old Elmer's white glue. Will go to Niklas as a toy tomorrow. The plan is to make a mobile for his room out of these - and to be honest I like the scale this came out for that purpose, so I'll probably stick with it going forward.
Attached Thumbnails
TROTSKIY is up-trotskiy-p40-.jpg   TROTSKIY is up-trotskiy-p40-b.jpg   TROTSKIY is up-trotskiy-p40-c.jpg  
Old 02-23-2008, 09:56 PM

Dan -- Thanks for the heads up. Lil and I just got back from a film and I checked in to see what was happening and found your Trotskiy alert and the photos of your Trotskiy P-40. I'm very glad to see photos of a Trotskiy and would like to see more. Tomorrow, I may be able to post a Nakajima Ki-44 Shoki in flight that I worked on today instead of grappling with the Hampden.

When Trotskiy ends the IJN series and begins the IJAAF airplanes, I intend to start a new thread and hope that there will be many postings of Trotskiy models.

Trotskiy Seiran version 1.6 (Seiran_v16b) is an aircraft (Tail Number K6-01) intended for Submarine I-400. The heading of the model reads, “Special Attacker [Tokubetsu Kogekiki] Seiran [Mountain Haze, literally: Storm from Clear Skies] Model 11 (M6A1), intended for embarkation aboard I-400 [I-400 Nosei Shiyo], July 1945 [Showa Year 20].” Vertical stabilizers are provided for two other tail numbers of the 631st Naval Air Group: K6-02 and K6-03.

The 1st Submarine Flotilla (submarine aircraft carriers I-400 and I-401 and AM-type scouting submarines I-13 and I-14), with Seiran special attack aircraft of the 631st Naval Air Group [Kaigun Kokutai] were intended to carry out a suicide attack against the Panama Canal, but the war ended before they did so. The floats were for training flights and would not be used during the attack: the aircraft would be launched by catapult without landing gear.

Next up will be the land plane version of the Seiran, the Nanzan.

Don

Last edited by Don Boose; 02-23-2008 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Correct typos.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:45 AM
Aviation Moderator

Ok - so a bit of insomnia hit me and I decided to dink around on the Trotskiy site a bit. I ran across this page - http://trotskiy.moo.jp/w_rireki_00.html . From the 'last cycle' and the last line run through babelfish (Speaking beforehand, but it is last in the latest cycle. When at this cycle ends, for the time being we rest.) it appears that he doesn't intend to keep updating models once he goes through all the models this time.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:50 AM

Dan -- Thanks for this. I wonder if he will at least make the models available. I notice that some of the old models, such as the Nakajima Kikka jet and the Gekko night fighter did not appear during this cycle. Trotskiy remains mysterious to most of us Western enthusiasts of his work. Don
Old 02-24-2008, 11:17 AM

Correction to Posting 117

I made an error in the transcription of the Romanization of the Japanese characters for "embarked." The correct reading is "Tosai," not "Nosei."

The correct (I think) translation of the heading should be: "Special Attacker [Tokubetsu Kogekiki] Seiran [Mountain Haze, literally: Storm from Clear Skies] Model 11 (M6A1), intended for embarkation aboard I-400 [I-400 Tosai Shiyo], July 1945 [Showa Year 20]."

Incidentally, I am not 100 percent sure of the Romanization of the the characters for “intended for.” I THINK it is “Shiyo” but, as always, I stand ready to be corrected by a real Japanese linguist.

Don
Google Adsense