PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 12-24-2007, 07:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Wow! He's really turning them out. This one is Tail Number Ka-ri 103 iof the Kashima Naval Air Group, Kashima Naval Air Base in Ibaraki Prefecture, northeast of Tokyo. The markings are as of 1944 (Showa 19).

Don
Old 12-24-2007, 12:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.12 GB
has anyone had a problem opening the latest A6M2 PDF file.....The Foxit PDF Reader I am using will not open this file but I dont have any problems with any other of the Trotskiy PDF's.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
I don't have a problem, but I use Adobe Reader.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:08 PM

In the past, I've had problems opening Trotskiy files if I had not updated my Adobe Reader, or had not downloaded the Japanese language updates for Adobe. There may be some small incompatibility with the pdf reader you are using and the latest version of Adobe Acrobat.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:40 PM

cant use Adobe REader above 6.0 as I am still running Windows ME.....I have not had any problems opening any of the Trotskiy files except for this last floatplane file....Foxit Reader give me an error indication and will not open only this one PDF file.....just wonder if anybody else is using Foxit Reader
Google Adsense
Old 12-24-2007, 05:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 52.32 MB
Hi Lakedad! The same to me. I am not able to open the actual - "fresh" - plane with the Foxit, only Acrobat will open it - don't ask me why... normaly I have absolute no problems with the Foxit and love to use it, as it is much faster..
Old 12-24-2007, 06:02 PM

Hi Frank.....thanks for your reply.....yes I too like the Foxit Reader over Adobe as it is smaller and faster.....will have to wait for a new Trotskiy release to see if the Foxit Reader problem is permanent.....
Adobe version 6 used to be able to open Trotskiy's files until something changed and all I was getting was the indication of an incryption error.....maybe Trotskiy is being subsidized by Adobe... :o)
Here's wishing you a Merry Christmas.....already is Christmas Day in your part of the world isn't it. Also a Merry Christmas to the rest of the world if you happen to be reading this.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:25 AM

Merry Christmas to you down in North Carolina and to all the other members of the Forum. I'm the first one up in my house and am waiting for the two grandsons (both paper modelers), wife, son, and daughter-in-law to come down and open their presents. Thought I'd check in on the Forum to see if anyone was here. Best wishes and good modeling to all.

Don
Old 12-25-2007, 10:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Foxit

I use the Foxit-Reader in version 2.2 and I´m able to open the A6M2-N without any problem.
Btw: does anybody know how to scale the prints with the Foxit-Reader without using the suggested values, for example: 44%?
Old 12-26-2007, 10:50 AM

Thanks for the info Edi.....I did an upgrade of my Foxit Reader from 2.0 to the 2.2 version and was able to open the A6M2-N floatplane file.....not clear on what changes in Trotskiy's files every so often but I assume he uses the lastest Adobe PDF software to create his newer models and we have to keep up with him....everything seems to work OK now....thanks again.....and a very Happy New Year to all (it's my birthday too). :o)
Google Adsense