PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:58 AM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
What weight paper/card do you use for Ojimak's planes to get them to fly nice? I've got some old paper paradise planes that fly, but you need to use normal copy paper. They fly beautifully but are a little flimsy because of the light weight paper.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.52 MB
paper weight

170g/sqm paper is fine for making them fly indoor. As the room at your disposal, within a flat, is not large enough to make sure they could fly well any further, I should like to check their characteristics on a more than 10 meters long glide. Moreover, consider that they are only able to fly as long as their speed is enough. They are really jets!
Outside, as soon as the weather is windy, I never had any success with them, and moreover, you have to increase their weight up to 250g/sqm. Above all, these planes need fast speed.
I tryied Suzuki's planes too ( AS Paper Aircraft Laboratory ), enlarging them sometimes a little (without changing the paper, otherwise the ratio weight/surface would climb up), and these planes are a better way to get familiar with hand flying before you get involved in tedious building, as they are much easier to cut and assemble. They could provide you the datas you lack about maximum weight allowed for real flight purposes. Don't forget that Ojimak's wings are printed both sides, they differ on that point from Suzuki's planes, and this add weight, perhaps you could use different papers, one for the fuselage, another one thinner for the laminated two layers wings.
Outside, take care not to throw them on harsh surfaces such as roads, schoolyards etc... or you plane could be damaged quickly. Wet grass is fine, until your plane is wet too, especially the front part... To prevent this, I apply with a brush a THIN coat of polyurethane floor varnish on both sides, and the varnish soaks into the paper, making it such as a plastic card, no care then for any damage because of water. Moreover it gives the paper the elasticity it lacks: the wings come back automatically to their initial position unless you tear them more.
Making these planes as light as possible allows better range for adding weight only where it is necesary. You can for example add some extra-varnish on the nose to make it stronger, this could be useful when landing. Don't forget to adjust the balance weight position and shape the wings up or down, and all this at the same time, to obtain a straight flight. The difficulty consist in managing with both of them at the same time.
In the end, check the weight, and build another plane until you get the perfect arrangement. I hope you'll get us informed about your results. My planes are now stored in a wardrobe, some of them were lucky enough to have their wings resting on supports to avoid warping. They get bored, no sky above them.

Last edited by Renaud; 02-11-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi Renaud, did you recieve my PM with email address for the F35. If not let me know and I will re send it.

Regards poppasmurf AKA Shane
Old 02-12-2009, 10:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 126.00 MB
Send a message via MSN to n810 Send a message via Skype™ to n810
I have buil a launcher for ojimaks planes. baisiclly i take the little hook part that is meant to be glued underneath the plane and stiffen it with superglue/ca. this keeps it from being shredded. Then I make a big slingshot out of a couple of dowels and a huge rubber band. pull back o the rubber band, place the stiffened hook n front of it and let go. my daughter got almost the length of her school gym during her science fair project with one of them.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:10 PM

Thank you very much Reaud, I will forward the files onto those that have asked for them.
Google Adsense
Old 03-20-2009, 08:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 95.79 MB
Hello dear friend, I got late for the F-35, could you be so kind to send me a copy of it to my e-mail box? I would be glad if u do, thanx already, good luck.

Last edited by rickstef; 03-20-2009 at 08:33 AM. Reason: removed email address to prevent spam
Old 03-20-2009, 04:43 PM

Ojimak does not permit trading of his files.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:46 AM
Banned

He doesn't even allow people to build or look at them.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:25 PM

I stopped downloading his models a long time ago and removed from my drive, what I had so that there was no chance of building the model with changes like I usually make.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:54 AM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
I can understand Ojimak's not wanting people to modify his work and repost the changes, but can he really control what you do with it for your own personal use? If you want to build it with modifications, there aren't any specific building instructions, so in theory he's just provided you pieces for you to do with as you please, again so long as you don't publish any changes.
Google Adsense
Closed Thread