PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by azamkl View Post
I'm a bit confused thou, the airplane model I did from Ojimak doesn't really fly. I'm using a 120gm paper. Is it the weight and size ratio does not match pretty well or do I need to enlarge the plan? or do the Ojimak model required less weight paper..maybe 80gm?

But then in Ojimak page, it stated that the paper is 120gm... anybody got a clue?
All rules of aerodynamic still apply. You need to bend the wings to form an airfoil (cross section, use thumb under leading edge, make sure both wings are symmetrical) and check the C.G. (center of gravity) on the aircraft, it should be a little nose heavy. When you make the model try to include a little wing incidence (angle up the leading edge of the wing on the fuselage) and it will climb in level flight, then use the elevator to dial in the rest, even cutting the ailerons to make further adjustments. I have made planes like this for many years before Ojimak did and they do fly and fly well. Ojimak does an incredible job on the details and graphics. If you get it right, they well fly on a string taped to the end of the wing. My son plays with a couple of planes that way. If you get it flying level on a string, they will usually fly really good free flights. He won't release models that don't fly. I could show him how to make that auto-gyro fly as I make flying paper auto-gyros but that's another story.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:21 PM

I find it hard to believe these will fly.

Can anyone make a video? My curiosity has been poked.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Banned

Actually, SteveO, they can, sometimes you have to add a little weight and like I said, you really have to get an airfoil shape into the wing. If you follow what i said, they will fly. It will be a rather fast flight though, as the wings are short and the stall speed is high. Think of it as a dart that you can make do long sweeping curves. It won't glide like a Guillows balsa plane, which actually fly really darn good.

I imagine scaling them up would make for slower, more graceful flights, though I know one of these guys hates if you alter his planes whatsoever, though I can't remember which one it is.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Here is a video posted on Ojimaks website with him (I assume) launching the YB-49 with a rubberband.

YouTube - Ojimak?????????! #01(YB-49)
Old 10-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Banned

That hopping motion of the wing is because the trailing edge is the same all the way through. The wing is stalling at different places at the wrong time. This can be corrected by making the inboard flaps actuate and by making "split flaperons", that is ailerons that acts as flaps and also making the ailerons able to split up and down. I have made flying wings that you toss by hand (a hole under the fuselage) using a nickel as weight that go 50 feet into the air a at least 100 feet away. I am sure that if one worked with one of these planes a bit more you could get really good flights. Flying wings (paper) exhibit really radical stalls at full speed in the are in a high climb and extreme lean, they yaw and it's all over. Great clip!!
Google Adsense
Old 10-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
YouTube - Paper F-14

This one shows a F-14 flying.......... really well, all-be-it down a slope, but it really does fly.

It's from here:
http://www.paperaircrafts.com/

FYI.......

He (YKW) will NOT release a design unless it does fly.

and I think you do remember Zat!:p

My Drawings
Old 10-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Banned

Are those Ojimak's planes? They offer those planes for sale on that site. Not sure if they are Ojimak's but it is proof that these designs do fly.

I wish he would release the Gyrocopter. It is easy to make an autogyro. The hard part is the shaft. I used to make these using the plastic control rods for RC aircraft. You glue the outside tube to the structure and use the inside tube w/the vertical ridges as the movable shaft, heat one end and press on a surface to make a flat, glue hub and that will prevent rotor from dropping. Bottom line is these planes will fly if the laws governing aircraft are adhered too.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:38 PM

Thanks for the videos guys. I'm impressed actually. I never thought of the 'dart' concept but it seems that is the case.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Edwin View Post
hello to all who I could please send me the F-35 from ojimak to my email
One of the conditions of distrubution that Ojimak has is that the only way you can get them is from his www site. We respect his wishes to not share, trade or alter his models without his permission. You could try contacting him through his site.

Ojimak‚Ģˇ†”ņ¨s‹@
Old 10-22-2009, 04:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
awesome flight of the F-14. I'll build one and try it if they're going to fly like that

great stuff
Google Adsense
Closed Thread