PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 04:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
It's japanese.

You can download the models from his download page by clicking on their name (only if they're on a yellow background). You get the instructions by clicking on the picture of the model.

The password for his models' PDF is at the top of the page, above the text ads, in a sentence written in english.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi,
Saw these and downloaded them, just copy the links to your browser and hit return to download - they are all free:-
Ojimak paper plane downloads. Password: ojimak to open files.

ALL URLs REMOVED, Deep linking to files is not fair to the designer of the models.

I also wrote an article about plywood & balsa catapult gliders I used to build and fly some 25 years ago and how to construct them and what is required for around $2.50 each in materials and a magnificent flying performance, once you get the hang of them on page 7 of this link.
These ojimak paper gliders would be ideal for the above catapult gliders, if anyone is interested in having a go, building in ply and balsa instead of paper - my catapult glider models were very popular with adults and kids too. The stories I could tell!!!
LOL
BigBenn

Last edited by rickstef; 08-25-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:22 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
Hi,
Saw these and downloaded them, just copy the links to your browser and hit return to download - they are all free:-
Ojimak paper plane downloads. Password: ojimak to open files.

ALL URLs REMOVED, Deep linking to files is not fair to the designer of the models.

I also wrote an article about plywood & balsa catapult gliders I used to build and fly some 25 years ago and how to construct them and what is required for around $2.50 each in materials and a magnificent flying performance, once you get the hang of them on page 7 of this link.
These ojimak paper gliders would be ideal for the above catapult gliders, if anyone is interested in having a go, building in ply and balsa instead of paper - my catapult glider models were very popular with adults and kids too. The stories I could tell!!!
LOL
BigBenn
Richard,

This is the second time you have deeplinked the files of a particular designer.

The first time I warned you also.

Deep linking to the individual files is bad protocol.
You deny the designer, any traffic count, ad monies(if he runs ads on his page) and you deny the visitor the ability to check out the other pages of the designer's site.

So in the future, just link to the main page, with a description on how to get to the files.

I will remove the list of files if you do it again.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 08-25-2010, 11:30 AM

Hi,
Sorry Rick and sure, no problem for the future.
BigBenn
Old 08-26-2010, 07:21 PM

Location: Skype: Chaiwat Kosatanakom Bkk, Thailand, RTAF air base
Good comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion View Post
It won't hurt to build other peoples works, Chaiwat. In fact, it can improve your own building skills!
If Ojimak make a transparency canopy version and make real aerodynamic curve of the Raptor, also ignore the boxy design, I may consider his work and start assembly his work.

I assembly some people works before design my own and initiate my own method. It's should be proud of it, isn't it?
Google Adsense
Old 08-26-2010, 10:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
BigBenn, can you direct me to the website about this catapult that you're talking about?
Old 08-27-2010, 12:42 AM

Sorry BigBeen, you were talking about catapult gliders but I was thinking of a device to catapult Ojimak planes. So, is there something of a catapult, ready made, somewhere on the internet instead of making one oneself?

Papermate
Old 08-27-2010, 04:10 AM

Kind of hate myself again to be spelling other people's name wrong, BigBenn. My apology.

Can't help giving my 2-cent thought about Ojimak's planes. Some may say they're too simple and only for 10-year old. However, Ojimak's planes give you fun to build and fun to fly and fun to watch. That's what we're after - having fun. Of course, masters on this forum may disagree as many of the builds exhibited here are awesome display of skill and design. Yet, come to think of it, you can build Ojimak's planes in a relatively short span of time and then give yourself pleasure, pride, satisfaction and etc when you fly or launch them. You can also display them as static models, hang them from the ceiling and give them away to others. That's really something. The only thing that Ojimak should consider, perhaps, is to improve his design by shaping the handle into fuel tank for flying and build wheel-stands as in Yuki's Draken (which is a very clever design) for display purposes. An example is a build for my Japanese friend here in HK. The landing gears are actually glued to the triangular base and the F-4 have tidy pinholes on the underbody to fit it on the landing gears for display. These photos were taken from my pda phone which has a very low pix resolution. If Ojimak is really reading these posts, maybe it will give him an idea.

Papermate
Attached Thumbnails
Ojimak-f4-jp-1.jpg   Ojimak-f4-jp-cu.jpg   Ojimak-f4-jp-lg.jpg  
Old 08-27-2010, 09:30 AM

Hi Papermate,
Thanks for your reply and apology. Actually BigBenn is not a real name, it is just a lot better than a lot of the names I have been called over the years.
Living in Hong Kong? - that must be interesting.
There is no website page on the internet for my home made catapult. I wanted to launch my ply/balsa models with as much force that I could, to get the best flying times and performance and thought it through and came up with my own design, which I tested "in the field" and it was very effective.
All you need is a stake which you can hammer into the ground, somewhere with a lot of space, like a park. You need to hammer the stake into the ground as hard as you can with a hammer or sledge hammer, better still, because when you pull back on the catapult, you exert a lot of force at the point of the stake in the ground and you don't want it to fly out and catch you unprepared, as happened with me. The stump of a tree would be even better.....
The catapult is based on Jelly Rubber as used in spear fishing guns. You can buy jelly rubber from diving shops and anything to do with sports fishing or scuba diving and stuff like that.
The Jelly Rubber I used was round. I started with a small length, but later I increased the amount to about 2 meters or 4 feet, because I got more stretch from a longer piece which meant a faster take off speed and I'm talking about fast - 60mph - about 120 km (kilometers per hour) from launch to full flight in seconds.
Tie a small length of strong nylon cord on one end. Tie this securely to the top of the stake, so that when you launch your aircraft, it flies over the top of the stake into the wind.
Tie a long length of nylon cord to the other end. Use at least 10 meters or 22 feet and at the very end, tie the curtain ring or some other round object which connects to the launch point under the catapult glider. I used a notch but later I went for a nail, which I constructed into the plywood profile of the fuselage before I put the balsa sides on, to make the model look like an aircraft, after I had sanded the sides down to give the fuselage a contour.
The same procedure works well for a proper r/c glider. Instead of running along, trying to launch the glider from the ground, this method works even better than a hand launch, because it gets your glider "up there" quickly. Just don't send the glider up with too much acceleration, otherwise you might tear its wings off.

I made the wings solid. I cut a slot in the sides of the ply center profile of the fuselage and the balsa sides I glued on before sanding to take the wing, so that when I fitted and glued the wings in place, I put one tip in the slot and worked the solid wing into the fuselage until the wing was exactly half way through, then I glued it in place.

Sand the front edges of the balsa catapult glider's wings rounded. As I said before, the grain of the wings must be at right angles to the direction of the fuselage, so if the fuselage is North - South, then the grain in the wings must be East - West, running in the direction from the wing root to the tips of the glider.
Sand the rear edges of each wing so that they end with a fine flat edge.
The lighter the model the better the flight, however a varnished heavy or painted model has a much more powerful flight pattern and is much more realistic in the air, so apart from warping, which you have to make sure does not happen, when varnishing or painting (I used oil paints for that) it is pretty simple to construct and fly these planes. Remember that if they land in long grass and you have a camouflage pattern on them, they might be rather hard to find, so bright colours is a good idea.
At one stage I thought about pendulum control with a simple pendulum constructed in the fuselage and the linkages to the flaps on the wings, but it remained just a thought.
Trim the planes to glide in large circles around the launch point, then you don't have to run for miles after them.
It is easy to trim the aircraft, just lightly (slightly) lift the edge of one wing up to get the aircraft to fly in circles, left or right, depending on which wing you choose. Be prepared for long flights and an awesome performance. Always launch directly into the wind and always make sure your launch area is clear of everyone, everything or anything that your plane might hit at launch, because at the speed you launch you could cause severe damage. The wind can be strong, it won't affect the flight characteristics of each plane, once you have it properly trimmed, I found with my heavier models, the heavier the model, the stronger the wind , the more eye popping the performance, with balsa glue to stick parts back on, which dried quickly, so you don't have to wait long before each launch.
Remember. No dihedral. The wings front and rear (tailplanes) must be at right angles to the fuselage and rear fin and make sure you balance each model correctly before flight, so you won't have any soul destroying prangs, even before the first flight.
Once you get the hang of it, it is easy to design your own.
LOL
BigBenn
Old 10-31-2010, 12:51 PM

I built the t-45 goshawk,.. very easy and looks great!,.. I did not need to give the wings any airfoil,.. "flatplate" was all she needed,.. it flew amazingly well the first time with no trimming needed

"zip dry" glue is what I used,.. it is almost instant contact,.. and is amazing for paper
Google Adsense
Closed Thread