PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 05-29-2010, 05:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
I seem to remember at the time that the guys on the film Last Crusade were saying it was based (loosely) on the "Anglo-American" MkVIII. Just what I heard at the time.
Technikos Virtuozas did a kit on the Mk VIII; might be a good starting point?
Chris
Old 05-29-2010, 07:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Awesome site!
I have two of your three pre-1900 subs, I just need time to build.

Your paintings are awesome as well. Is that a FW 190? Looks like your A-10 wrecked someones day! Great stuff.

Thanks for the Model, I love early armor.

CT
Old 05-29-2010, 07:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 110.00 MB
Thank You "Sir Nothing". will be a nice build.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwalas View Post
I seem to remember at the time that the guys on the film Last Crusade were saying it was based (loosely) on the "Anglo-American" MkVIII. Just what I heard at the time.
Technikos Virtuozas did a kit on the Mk VIII; might be a good starting point?
Chris
Does anyone know where the Technikos Virtuozas models can be obtained from? I've had a look around and the only links I can find are to dodgy download sites...I notice that they have published a HP Hampden as well...

Edit: just had another thought and that is this German WW1 supertank would go nicely alongside the Currell Land Ironclad - although you might need a slightly longer shlf if you build the Ironclad in 1/35; and the HomespunMagixx Tsar Tank (the one with the massive wheels)...although this would be another giant in 1/35...

Last edited by SJPONeill; 05-29-2010 at 08:13 PM. Reason: another thought
Old 05-29-2010, 08:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Wow, thanks again Trent. Seven pages of parts...you go all out! And yes, this is much bigger then my little 1/72 scale V-7 tank!

CT
Old 05-29-2010, 09:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Nice one Trent - A great addition to the world of paper armor subjects.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
that looks amazing!

just a question...has anyone done the tank from raiders of the Lost Ark

I know its a Mk1 style, but obviously a fantasy movie version.

And what about the fantasy tank at the beginning of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?
The tank appearing in the 1989 Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade movie was a newly built replica vehicle made from an excavator, following the hull shape of the Mark VIII but with a turret added.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
I found some more pics of the K-wagen here, I was thinking of detailing up the tracks some more and was looking for some pics that showed the shape on the track links. Near as I can see, the tracks were a pretty simple shape: not much more than a rounded rectangular block...I suppose the sheer weight of the thing would have given it traction...just wondering if anyone else has got any other pics of the track links or ideas on their shape?
Old 05-30-2010, 06:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
Thank you very much for the K Wagen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might I suggest that the builder add a SECOND view port for the diver on the front of the tank in addition to the machine gun port.

If you can find a high resolution photo the the 2 machines under construction in the RiebeWerken factory, in a book or on the internet, you can see the curved end and rear plates waiting for installation off to the right. The front plate has two ports and the rear plate appears to have a port as well. The rear plate port does not appear on the pictures of the model of the prototype.

The photograph of the model in "Kraftfahzeuge und Panzer der Reichwehr, Wehmach and Bundeswerh. katalog der Deutschen Militarfahzzeuge von 1900 bis heute, Motorbuch verlag Stuttgart, 1982, by Werner Oswald" has a posed action picture of the model of the prototype on p59 which shows the drivers port and machine gun port.

The holes cut for the ports on the plate in the factory photo are equal in size and symetric about the midline. On the model photo the machine gun port is located lower than the driver port, the top edge of the MG port is at the same level as the bottom edge of the drivers port.

The ports as described above are usually blurred out on the pictures in English language publications that mention the Kwagen, probably since they all use a poor quality copy of the original photo. In German language publications, they are usually visible,which suggests that the German authors have access to an archive with an earlier generation copy in which the details have not been blurred out.

Where you place the two ports on your own model would depend on whether you want to model the model of the Kwagen or model the tank as it would have appeared if completed.

There is a Czech company that makes a resin model of the Kwagen, it is expensive.

The Indy Jones tank is a romanticized MkVIII or International Tank. I think there might be one at Aberdeen tank museum in Maryland, turning to rust like all of the other tanks in their collection. They are all parked outside, have not been painted in years and are in a state of advanced decay. Unlike the Patton Museum, which seems to have a very active restoration program, the curators of the Aberdeen Museum are neglecting the historical machines that have been entrusted to them and are letting them turn to rust and be picked apart by scavengers. The museum used to have an intact A7V which a prior curator scrapped since it had no more military value or interest and was just taking up space.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
The Kwagen tracks came from a civilian earth moving vehicle or crane. They were almost square . Alternate track plates had a cross pattern then a plate with two protruding ridges perpendicular to the long axis of the track.
Google Adsense