PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 07-08-2010, 03:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.91 GB
[QUOTE=KayFranz;135639]

The corrected, more detailed, with some other changes work you can see here. In very small scale...

I had a look at this rework in small scale and to be honest, I thought that it was an injection moulded kit. It only makes me realize that I have a long way to go to reach this level of workmanship. It is, in a word, superb!
Cockpit details are very interesting. It would seem that it is full depth and that the fuel tank is in the compartment behind the pilot and passenger. Also interesting to note the small details, e.g. venturi tube, chafing plates and cockpit structure.
I have this saved as a reference for when I have a go at this one myself, albeit in1/33 scale. I must admit That I have attempted the original kit when I first started card modelling, but could not manage to complete the wings to an acceptable standard.

So many models, so little time.

Bernie
Old 07-08-2010, 07:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 43.97 MB
Especially for Leif:

At new sheets for CardPlane I leave previous shape of rear former (with two suitcases), but I think the luggage box was not available from cockpit on the fly.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It's a really beautiful model and I appreciate this additional information about the way that the original airplane was constructed.

Don
Old 01-06-2011, 10:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Thank you, KayFranz!

I wish to thank Kay Franz for the extra information about the spars in the PWS-50. My apologies for being absent at the time of his posting, and not noticing until now.

It was a most welcome contribution, since it confirmed my original suspicion that there should be two spars passing through the cockpit area. It will entail some extra and interesting work if and when building this model.

I can only, like Cardist above, recommend everyone to have a close look at KayFranz's fantastic 1/72 scale build (unbelievable, if you only see the photos) build of his repaint of the PWS-50.

Incidentally, I only now noticed that the original download from Modele Kartonowe, as well as the 2010 upgraded version by KayFranz (both available here), are vector originals, and that the pdf files will open readily in a vector programme. This makes the PWS-50 a doubly interesting project for rescaling - and not only downwards....

Leif
Old 01-06-2011, 11:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks for posting this info and photo, Leif. Kay Franz's model would be an astonishing achievement in any scale. It is incredible in 1/72!

The PWS-50 is such an appealing little airplane that it is a delight to see a well-executed mode of it.

Don
Google Adsense