PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 10-02-2011, 01:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Just found a "Millareuse" model on that Gallica sight, and another Gunboat, aWring Bipalne and another Vosin. Wonderful what you can find wondering around here on the Internet!
Old 10-04-2011, 03:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.66 MB
I don't know if this link have already been given but there is some nice Epinal's models
Graphics - a set on Flickr
Old 10-04-2011, 08:54 AM

That Agency Eureka site has some good things on it, you just have to explore the blogs to find them.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Manic View Post

You go to the first link and what you see is the tip of the iceberg. You must peruse this woman's other albums....incredible collection of vintage papercraft.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
She also has a huge collection of Links
Google Adsense
Old 10-04-2011, 01:23 PM

Tell me about it, spent at least 2 hrs cruising it and barely scratched the surface!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Well, Charles Walker, I did a bit more than scratch the surface! I figure since these items are no longer under copyright, and if we give this woman the credit for making these vintage papercraft available-- http://www.flickr.com/photos/taffeta/sets/72157601156433867/ --then the sky is almost the limit.

I'll leave it up to an administrator more knowledgeable in these matters than I to determine the "legality" of reposting the full-size jpeg images suitably restored in Photoshop.

Here is just one of many that I have restored already. This is likely the most unique papercraft I have ever seen! AFter I finish this post, I am going to make a photo enlargement and put it on my wall!

This is the small, 600-sized version, so I wouldn't mess with trying to reproduce it. However, if the administrators allow it, I'll make my whole cache available for download, and consider specific requests for restoration of other papercraft items from the peanut gallery.

BTW, here is the English translation of the French instructions with a few modifications for ease of assembly. This piece is so cool, it's beyond comment! Read the translation to learn something interesting about the papercraft.

1.Glue on light cardboard (cereal box), then cut the legs, lower body and upper body from the sheet.

2. Paste the ground with the Boche (kneeling German soldier) on cardboard, cut it out, and also cut through lines E and F.

2.Mount the French soldier in the following way: Paste A to B so that the lower part of his arm is level with the colors of Part B. The fouraggere (braids) should overlap the upper part of the Part B.

3.With the aid of a needle and brown thread, make a knot at one end of thread. Insert the needle through the red dot on the holster of the lower body, Part B, then insert the thread through the red hole on the upper part of the legs, Part C. Pull the two parts together, cut the thread so that ½ inch remains. Glue this to the back side of Part C. In a similar fashion, attach the foot to the ground, Part D, aligning the two red dots.

4.Insert the tongue (Languette: yellow tab) into the incisions E and F, then, holding the model in your left hand grasp the yellow tab between your thumb and forefinger moving it up and down with sudden jerks. You will see “the Poilu” then stand up and hammer his gun on the head of the Boche.

Languette- tongue

Poilu- a warmly informal term for a French World War Iinfantryman, meaning, literally, hairy one. The term came into popular usage in France during the era of Napoleon Bonaparte and his massive citizen armies. The word carries the sense of the infantryman's typically rustic, agricultural background when b and bushy moustaches were often worn.

Sujet Articule- articulated model
Attached Thumbnails
-wwi-french-german-automata-600.jpg  
Old 10-06-2011, 08:23 AM

Since I don't speak or read French I have been ahving to go through the blogs, will have to try your links! Helps if you can read the directions! Been finding some models though. Found that if you clink on the image, it will pull up just that image, and if you click on it again, a slightly larger image comes on with qa blakc backgreound. You guys likely knew this, but I'm just learning how to use computers! Lol!
Old 10-06-2011, 08:54 AM

Ah, Now I see, you have to find a image of something to do with Papercraft to see a link to her papercraft post! Well, I can see what I'm gonna be doing this weekend!
Old 10-06-2011, 06:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 110.00 MB
Thank you for the find(s).
My neighbors 7 yr old daughter likes the older style instead of our contemporary style ever since i made her some houses a year + ago from the Victoria & Albert museum.
Thanks to all of the others who have posted additional info, and Don B for the instruction hints.
Thank You all again.
Google Adsense