PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews > Freshly Unpacked

Old 11-22-2014, 08:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Awesome. What great catches. And you're right about the Sea King - and in a German Navy livery. Way cool. I also thought I read that you may not be cutting up the older kits. I probably wouldn't want to either - they seem to be more of a collectable type kits. Thanks for posting - love seeing the oldies but goodies.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Simon -

You have acquired a very nice collection of models.

The images of the Mały Bristol Beaufort and H-P Hampden brought back memories. In 2008, Dan Dusik built the Beaufort and I built the Hampden as part of the "Old Troll Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That?" contest.
OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz - Bristol Beaufort
OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz Handley Page Hampden

Dan did a fine job on the Beaufort. The Horrible Hampden was my first and last attempt at a 1/33 airplane. I managed to finish it, and through some miscarriage of justice, won third place in the contest and a PotW. I still bring it out at model shows.

I look forward to many future builds from you (and if you ever want any advice on how to put the engine cowlings on the Hampden backwards, I'm your man).

Don
Old 11-22-2014, 07:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Thanks, Don...your build encouraged me that the Hampden is buildable and I intend doing so...it has been largely ignored in the modelling community and unfortunately none survive today but it was an important aircraft in its time, certainly until more capable types came along...

I have just finished quite a significant acquisition phase and have a lot of building ahead of me before my conscience will let me acquire again...watch this space...

Simon

PS. I've been meaning to let you know that there are a couple of Kiwis on your turf this season: you may want to be on the look out for strange sporting rituals...