PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews > Freshly Unpacked

Old 07-22-2015, 12:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 287.89 MB
JSC NR 32 1:400 Hood

Just picked up a copy of the JSC NR 32 1:400 Hood and I was curious to know if there was a build report available on this kit that anyone was aware of. I did a search here as well as a Google and didn't see one, but I thought I would check to see if there was perhaps one available on other forums that members might frequent. Thanks!

Google Adsense
Old 07-22-2015, 12:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
I think if u go to the hood asoscation web site there is a few build reviews hope this helps u
Old 07-22-2015, 07:32 PM

Just one photo there, doesn't look like much other than that
Old 07-24-2015, 11:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
i belong to a forum called shipsnostalgia.com
if you go on there,go into gallery
type in hms hood
you will find heaps of photographs that might help

same goes for anyone looking for anyships naval or merchant
Old 07-25-2015, 06:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
The JSC hood was my 1st commercially produced kit I ever built. There wasn't any particular fit issues but there was quite a few PIA assemblies. First is the unique to JSC model hull construction. The Hood kit is long so you have to build up a series of blocks to stiffen the hull. pay attention to fit here if one of those boxes become warped the hull will twist, be patient and let the assembly dry. when skinning the hull, JSC faithfully reproduced the various bulges and belts. the long top strip was fiddly and I suggest cutting it out with scissors instead of a knife and strait edge. the only other fiddly thing was the main deck in the aft hull. they have the edges supported by flat paper supports. they are not strong enough for the structure they support so i placed plastic rod piesces behind them to lend support. the fit was pretty good and the end result was fantastic. it sparked my OCD and I've collected and built almost everything WW2 from JSC.
Google Adsense
Old 07-25-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDRTED View Post
The JSC hood was my 1st commercially produced kit I ever built. There wasn't any particular fit issues but there was quite a few PIA assemblies. First is the unique to JSC model hull construction. The Hood kit is long so you have to build up a series of blocks to stiffen the hull. pay attention to fit here if one of those boxes become warped the hull will twist, be patient and let the assembly dry. when skinning the hull, JSC faithfully reproduced the various bulges and belts. the long top strip was fiddly and I suggest cutting it out with scissors instead of a knife and strait edge. the only other fiddly thing was the main deck in the aft hull. they have the edges supported by flat paper supports. they are not strong enough for the structure they support so i placed plastic rod piesces behind them to lend support. the fit was pretty good and the end result was fantastic. it sparked my OCD and I've collected and built almost everything WW2 from JSC.
Great tips here! Invaluable information one could only hope to gleam from someone who has built the model. Do you happen to have any photos of the build as it progressed?
Old 07-25-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
i actually find jsc models are the simplest to build if you dont have english instructions.i like the way they form the hulls with very clean joints due to all the stiffening being out of site. also i find their parts placement easy to follow.have builty many of their ships both merchant and naval
Old 07-26-2015, 05:27 AM

there is a cache of english instructions somewhere, maybe in our download section. they are fairly clear and go in a somewhat logical construction order. I followed them. Unfortunately this being my 1st backl then I didn't take construction pics. I'll dig out the camera and photo the details , and try to point out the little fiddley bits...
Old 07-26-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
there is a cache of english instructions somewhere, maybe in our download section. they are fairly clear and go in a somewhat logical construction order. I followed them. Unfortunately this being my 1st backl then I didn't take construction pics. I'll dig out the camera and photo the details , and try to point out the little fiddley bits...
yup ive used some of those but hood isnt in there
Old 07-27-2015, 06:54 AM

I'll look through my kit remmnants box, if they are there i'll photo them and send them to you.
Google Adsense