PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews > Freshly Unpacked

Old 05-29-2009, 06:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Russian Tank T-26 by Model Card and Gomex Wooden Wheel

Ok, I get my T-26 this week from Paper Model Store along with a box of wooden wheel pieces from Gomex.

I have friend who purchase on line models for me and Paper Model Store they are fairly fast. This time it take about a week for the model to arrive at my friends house.

I have not make a tank model before and some they seem to have so very many parts, especially for the wheels and crawlers. This model, it is not so complicated. The paper it is very nice and white. It is not too thick but is not soft. It feel about like 65 pound. You get four card sheets with parts, one thin shiney page with the detail drawings for the gun tower and wheels, and also the crawer tracks printed in silver ink. The crawler tracks they are bands you wrap over the wheels. The inside cover page it is all written in Polish but is mostly the history of the T-26 tank and the back cover it is drawings of the model structure and detail. I pay $3.99 for the model which is very inexpensive and it seem to be a nice model mostly. You must fabricate the tower antenna from wire and they provide a plans for that.

The T-26 does not have the big wheels like the Tiger Tank but it does have 48 small wheels and four large wheels. I do not like to cut things that are round. So I buy the nice Gomex wheel set. I must buy the last set because I do not see it on the PMS site today. I forget the price but it was perhaps $11.99. You get all the large and small wheel parts cut nice and smoothly from blonde wood. The parts are not rough. I have not taken them from their package but from what I can see, it should not be hard to substitute for the card pieces. I like the way the paired wheels they are cut together as one piece! If you look at the photo I make the the Model Card wheels above, they print the black tires so they touch. It is very hard in my opinion to cut pieces away when they are printed so close. You could use a circle cutter if it was small enough as the center of the wheels they are covered over in the end. But I like the wood wheels. Perhaps for the big wheels I can fix some of the paper print parts over the wood parts after I paint them to match the card ink. The wheels they do not say particularly what model they apply to. They will work also on my poor Maly Modelarz Poland 7 TP.

I would like to find better crawlers for this kit but they do not have any at PMS.

I am very much pleased I think with the way this model looks. For the price it is a good buy and it makes the expense of the wheels less since I am not buying wheels for a model that cost $15 just $4.
Google Adsense
Old 05-29-2009, 07:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 125.24 MB
Good description of the model and the wheels. I can't believe they made those small wheels touch like that. I don't see how you could cut them out to be circles, because of the way the edges touch. That's kind of strange. I've only made one tank and like you said, lots of parts.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Real nice review Lala with an excellent description of the model... I'm glad you included a photo of the wooden parts, as I was curious as to what was included in the packet.