PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews > Freshly Unpacked

Old 06-16-2009, 11:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Russian ISU-152

Along with the ISU-122, I also received my ISU-152. Courtesy of the Papermodelstore and their amazing service. The ISU-152 uses the same chassis as the ISU-122, but sports the Howitzer gun used by the SU-152. In truth, the ISU-122 and ISU-152 [Pertaining to the Modelik models] are basically the same, parts and all, save for the gun.

The ISU-152 was published by Modelik, one month after the ISU-122. [At least from what I presume.] The ISU-152 is in 1:25 scale, just like the ISU-122. The model is printed on A3 sheets and the completed mamoth is
362 mm in length, [36.2 cm] The model contains -

- 13 pages of parts
- 3 pages of instructions
- 2 pages of formers [Within the 13 pages]
- Instructions and background information are in Polish text.

I believe CharlieC noted earlier the ISU-122 had the 4B0 color scheme, so I presume the ISU-152 carries the same color [The scheme in the Modelik ISU-122 is the same scheme used in the ISU-152.] Still, the print is extremely bold, and no less than any other Modelik model published.

The model comes with two track types, linked and banded. Like I mentioned earlier, the ISU-152 model is basically the same as the ISU-122, however sporting a more powerful gun.

My thoughts on the model, Just like the ISU-122, this model is great. The print is wonderful, easily read and labeled diagrams. Modelik also provides an English version of the instructions, available at their website. This model, along with the ISU-152 features an interior, which I will definitely attempt building. Besides the formers, I think getting the gun and turret in the right shape will cause some trouble.

Personally, I think the ISU-122 and ISU-152 go great together, and it's similar to a buy one, get the other type. However, if you're going for just one of the ISU's, know that you'll be purchasing the same model pieces, save for the gun. Definitely worth the buy, however, after looking at the pieces, I think I'll build a freebie model before I dive into these kits.
Attached Thumbnails
Russian ISU-152-100_3656.jpg   Russian ISU-152-100_3658.jpg   Russian ISU-152-100_3661.jpg   Russian ISU-152-100_3664.jpg   Russian ISU-152-100_3668.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 07-13-2009, 11:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 135.14 MB
Good choices for Russian armor. Having tackled a Modelik IS2 in the past, I am quite sure that you will have a lot of fun on the subjects. The IS2, ISU 122 and ISU 152 all uses the same hull, tracks and suspension, the only difference is in the layout of the gun as you have mentioned. Could I suggest that when you tackle the road wheels, just do the ribs on the outer wheels. It will save you a lot of time and you cannot even really see the ribs in the sandwiched areas. And, what type of tracks are you planning to do, the band ones or the individual? Hope to see some pictures of your build.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange View Post

Like I mentioned earlier, the ISU-152 model is basically the same as the ISU-122, however sporting a more powerful gun.
Strictly the ISU-122 had a 122mm gun and the ISU-152 had a 152mm howitser. According to Главная - THE RUSSIAN BATTLEFIELD the reason that the 122mm gun was used in this SPG was because there were shortages of the 152mm.
Apparently the two types weren't used together because of the different characteristics of the primary weapon.

Regards,

Charlie