PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Fine Scale Paper Modelers > FSPM Lounge

View Poll Results: Which of these versions is your favorite?
Niebla 1 2 4.00%
Niebla 2 10 20.00%
Niebla 3 29 58.00%
Niebla 4 3 6.00%
Niebla 5 0 0%
Niebla 6 1 2.00%
Niebla 7 2 4.00%
Niebla 8 1 2.00%
Niebla 9 2 4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2010, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
Number 3 without doubt, as Number 2's text looks unconstrained. It needs to be self contained and the ribbon does the job well.

The scalpel as previously discussed can cause ambiguity with plastic modelling.

I like Number 3 but it may be a problem to use outside of the USA at the moment, given the image has an obvious IPMS reference with the globe image lifted from the IPMS logo. However, I still want it as a logo as groundwork is being laid to resolve that in the UK at least.

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Old 12-17-2010, 06:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
I will refrain from voting on my own designs hehehehe

All the parts of the logos can be coloured if necessary: the ribbon, the ocean, the map, and all the other parts. I just couldn't show all the possibilities given the (my) lack of time.

The font can also be changed if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piginapoke View Post
I like Number 3 but it may be a problem to use outside of the USA at the moment, given the image has an obvious IPMS reference with the globe image lifted from the IPMS logo. However, I still want it as a logo as groundwork is being laid to resolve that in the UK at least.
I don't understand clearly why it could be a problem. :(

Actually I have seen variations of the globe in almost every country's IPSM logo.

The local chapter of the IPMS in my own city also has a globe in their logo:

And my country's association has a globe with only the American continent:

Other examples:

What I find weird now that I look at those logos, is that my version uses the 0º/180º meridian as the vertical axis, while all the others use it as the horizontal axis. Probably the polar projection that I used to trace the map was European.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Had to go for #3...anything with New Zealand at the top of the world must be a winner!!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
what i was trying to say is that the logo probably can't be used in the UK until IPMS give FSPM the status of SIG, or I would imagine they might not like the use of the IPMS globe in the logo when FSPM isn't member of the UK IPMS. There has been some heated debate about membership of card modelling recently in the UK IPMS forum, so until it becomes a proper SIG of the UK IPMS, then I'm not sure it would be allowed by IPMS, unless it was made more generic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niebla de fuego View Post
I will refrain from voting on my own designs hehehehe

All the parts of the logos can be coloured if necessary: the ribbon, the ocean, the map, and all the other parts. I just couldn't show all the possibilities given the (my) lack of time.

The font can also be changed if needed.

I don't understand clearly why it could be a problem. :(

Actually I have seen variations of the globe in almost every country's IPSM logo.

The local chapter of the IPMS in my own city also has a globe in their logo:

And my country's association has a globe with only the American continent:

Other examples:

What I find weird now that I look at those logos, is that my version uses the 0º/180º meridian as the vertical axis, while all the others use it as the horizontal axis. Probably the polar projection that I used to trace the map was European.

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Old 12-17-2010, 08:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 28.46 MB
number 3 its a bit old school and i like that
Google Adsense
Old 12-17-2010, 08:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by piginapoke View Post
what i was trying to say is that the logo probably can't be used in the UK until IPMS give FSPM the status of SIG, or I would imagine they might not like the use of the IPMS globe in the logo when FSPM isn't member of the UK IPMS. There has been some heated debate about membership of card modelling recently in the UK IPMS forum, so until it becomes a proper SIG of the UK IPMS, then I'm not sure it would be allowed by IPMS, unless it was made more generic.
I wasn't aware of that. Now I understand completely. Sorry :(
You are right. That might be a problem indeed.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 28.46 MB
I've only just sen this . what is FSPM and how do i join
Old 12-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
I have the full support of the IPMS USA using the globe in any form as part of the logo - mostly because the majority of chapters and sigs use it in some way shape or form

clevermod01 - joining is easy, you build models and hang out on this site. being an ipms member is helpful to the official side of the sig but really only the founder (me) needs to be a member. They prefer to have at least 5 active IPMS members in a sig but its not required. We are there anyway in that regards!

Of course the most important part is being active in helping promote the sig in your area at ipms meetings and shows I see you are in chicago! if you attend any shows let me know - only a couple hours away
Chris
Old 12-18-2010, 12:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
If there's one of two being precious in the UK, I'd just ignore them...it'll be the same tired hacks who bleated and cried when multimedia models were allowed in...down here, if you front up at the IPMS Nationals with any sort of model, you are not going to be turned away; in fact that is why the bi-ennial Scale Models Expo in Wellington has the name it does...
Old 12-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
i went for three myself i like it, and i do wish there was a papermodelers group in Ireland who knows maybe one day. looking for card models in Ireland is not easy, the only really good model shop i know of he has never had any card models for sale. So really why has modelik and wak and company not got an agent to go around hobby shops in ireland anyway. they are missing out on getting sales over here if you ask me. I keep wondering should i write to them and offer to be their sales rep in ireland for a fee of course.
Google Adsense