PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Fine Scale Paper Modelers > FSPM Lounge

Old 12-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
paper model reviews for IPMS

Looking for someone that wants to write up some reviews for ipms on their builds.

Review should be a few paragraphs long and contain 3-5 good pics including overall and detail shots.

I have limited review writing experience so if anyone - I know who you are - would like to offer up some suggestions that would be great!

These will be for the website, not the magazine so dont think you need to write up a 10 page article or anything
Chris
Old 12-20-2010, 05:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
i'll do a review of a skyscraper that I will be doing for a future IPMS show

when is it due by?

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Old 12-20-2010, 06:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.83 MB
I can put together something from my "Rigging Aircraft . . ." thread/article on the FG Stearman. Just need to edit it down to what you need.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Reviews on the IPMS website are usually for commercially available kits, aftermarket parts, and reference materials. The required elements are outlined on the site. Length is not an issue. a couple paragraphs are just as good as a novel length review. International Plastic Modelers Society IPMS/USA Review Website and click on the Guidelines For Submitting Product Reviews.

I usually take a few pictures of the model in work and in finished form. The more pictures the better. The webmaster's edit and format the reviews so all they need are the basic word files and pictures attached separately.

When submitting, send the reviews to John Noack
First Vice President, Industry Liaison, IPMS/USA. His email link is in the page above.

One nice thing about the paper kit reviews at this point is that we are not currently limited by kit age or any specific deadlines. The main reviewer corps have deadlines because the model companies send new product to be reviewed around the same time as the introduction of the kit.

Greg
Old 12-21-2010, 05:27 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Sounds good when you submit reviews please note that you are part of the FSPM SIG so that they know we are active and participating
Thanks!