PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Fine Scale Paper Modelers > FSPM Lounge

Old 09-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
IPMS Loveland CO convention Aug 14-17 2013

Yep! Long way off but the big show is coming.... its also the IPMS/USA 50th anniversary. We are getting special SIG (special interest group) tables free of charge. I hope to take some vacation and go over!

I am hoping to collect a few really good models to show on the table, this will be some serious traffic and recognition for the hobby.

anyone else in the area that might be able to stop by?
Chris
Old 09-03-2012, 06:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Chris, I live in Central Colorado and have been thinking about attending some of the show, but not all 4(?) days..... Therein lies my problem.

I'd like to take 3-4 of my card models, maybe even a diorama, but I don't want to have to stick around for the entire show....any ideas or suggestions about how I can pull this off??

I'm open to any ideas or suggestions that are reasonable....

Swampfox
Old 09-03-2012, 06:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
A good approach is to check the daily schedule, and see what days are best.

This is the IPMS National Convention, and I know lots & lots of modelers and dealers gather, and it's highly visible. Chris is setting up a table, plus the ones who plan to go, all could make a big buzz on paper modeling.

Chris, are you planning to get into the contest, or only a display table?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:24 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
If I get a table you can display there of if you want to enter it in the contest I can take care of it after

I may have a couple kits completed by then so who knows! depends how they turn out I am not a master builder by any means!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:06 PM

I just made my reservations for this event. I'll be there on Aug. 16 and 17th. Couldn't get rooms at the Embassy Suites but had no problem at Candlewood Inn, almost next door.

Anyone else made plans to show up? Chris, are you still going to have a booth?

Swampfox
Google Adsense
Old 06-17-2013, 06:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 470.61 MB
Chris,
Are you still a GO for this? -J
Old 06-17-2013, 07:20 AM

Skyman00, I just noticed you are from Colorado. Where do you live?

I'm in BV, about 2hrs SW of Denver.

You planning on going to IPMS? I'm planning on it, hope to take a couple of my card models to the show.

Swampfox
Old 06-18-2013, 05:46 AM

SF,
I'm up in Longmont. I definitely will be going to the show. I've been tinkering around with the idea of bringing stuff if Chris would have me, thus my Q to him. I'll wait for his reply. -J
Old 06-26-2013, 08:13 AM

Folks,
After checking with the folks at IPMS CON this year I was informed that we still have a SIG spot/table available to us, FREE.

Swampfox and I have decided we want to move forward on this.

We intend to man the SIG table with ourselves and examples of our work along with printed model giveaways. We will also be extending the invite to PM forum members who’d like to show up with their work and/or stuff they may want to build on-spot (simpler builds please as we have limited real estate).

We also have available to us a ½ hr spot to do a seminar if any member would like to do so. This spot will be available to us in the next 24 hrs, after that, it’s gone. If anyone feels so inclined (you pick the topic), please come forward, NOW.

I have extended donation inquiries to FG, Ecard & CutandFold at this time. We will be printing any kits these kind folks have donated before-hand and giving them away (or hold drawings in conjunction with the IPMS folks) there.

We’ll be setting up on Wed morning, Aug 14th and tearing down on Sat evening, the 17th.

The event fees are $45.00 (before July 15th) for the entire event and include a decal sheet, T-shirt and shwag bag. Or you can pay on a per day basis at $10.00/day, no goodies.

IPMS link: http://www.ipmsusa2013.com/index.cfm?mode=home

So far, the schedule is as follows:
Wed 8-14 Noon-9pm
Thurs 15th 9a-6p
Fri 16th 9a-6p
Sat 17th 9a-4p

Please contact me via PM if you are interested in coming as we will have limited space and will need to plan accordingly.

Keep you posted, -John

Last edited by skyman00; 06-26-2013 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Update
Old 06-26-2013, 08:26 AM

OK, one and all, let's get together on this.

Skymann00 an I are hoping to get some feedback from you guys. Not too often that we'll have this kind of chance to promote our hobby to othe modelers.

Who else is planning to spend an hour a day the whole weekend with a bunch of plastic modelers and show them what awaits them on "the other side"?

Anyone? Speak up, don't worry, we're not going to name names if any card modelers show up at a plastic convention. What happens in Loveland, no body usually cares!!!

Hope to hear from many of you,
SFX
Google Adsense