PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects

Old 03-15-2012, 03:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
I'd like to add my "WOW" to the group. Fantastic design work, superb modeling skills. Looking forward to your future posts.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
In the cylinder a spring from a gas lighter
Old 03-15-2012, 06:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by di-3 View Post
A bit of genius.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 42.01 MB
Quote:
Then it's not a paper model

Other than that, I'm totally . I really have no words to express my appreciation (especially when I'm thinking at the wheels on my models, which look more like cylinders in pain)
Old 03-21-2012, 01:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by calinous View Post

Other than that, I'm totally . I really have no words to express my appreciation (especially when I'm thinking at the wheels on my models, which look more like cylinders in pain)
BUT - it is Modeling with paper!
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Google Adsense
Old 03-22-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calinous View Post

Wooden models incorporate other materials including cotton and metal.
Plastic models incorporate just about every other material you can think of including carbon composites.

Metal models include plastic and rubber.

Therefore, a paper model is allowed to incorporate other materials and still be considered a paper model. I challenge anyone to search the Bible, Koran, Ten Commandments, Magna Carta, Bahagavad Gita, Upanishads, Treaty of Paris, the Sears Catalogue or any other official document that prohibits or declares heretical the use of other materials in a paper model. To declare so is just hubris of the most simplistic nature. If one chooses to use paper to simulate anything such as I-beams, cylindrical rods, aircraft blown canopies, etc, then kudos! If, on the other hand, one chooses to use alternate materials to achieve those shapes, then kudos to them, too! It's just a model, not the Cross upon which Jesus Christ was crucified.

Now, fellow paperians, that's how you rant!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
In my youth, defunct valves from car tires became re-used as parts of of belt-fed machineguns that went on, in, or alongside various vehicle models.

Fragments of sprue were shaved down to be reassembled as firearms.
This, in 1:48, 1:72, 1:76, 1:87, 1:100, and 1:144.
I had no compunction at raiding mom's sewingbox for bent or blunted needles or pins, nor at raiding the stationary drawer for paperclips and staples.
Suitably disguised, all of these items eventually found employ in various of the models I'd built.

I'd have no hesitation in employing similar items where I felt it necessary in a paper model.

Maj. Charles my friend, I'm in agreement with you regarding hubris being an oversimplification.

As for what our colleague Di-3 has achieved with the springs from the lighter: I admire such ingenuity.

Kind and Respectful Regards my friends, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
NAVIGA/ Class S-7. Models from a cardboard and paper.
Cardboard models are the models made manually of a cardboard (or papers are more dense than 80 g/m ²) or papers, from sets on sale in trade (the goods from trade). Cuts can be painted over. For improvement of model it is authorized to carry out completions and to use other materials. If necessary documents of a design are attached. Thus model signs from a cardboard should be kept: visible details of the case, the superstructures corresponding to a set. New coloring of model isn't allowed. If changes are made, it is necessary to confirm them with presented documentation or photos. Change of scale is authorized, however the copy of the original should be presented.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
NAVIGA/ Class S-7. Models from a cardboard and paper.
Cardboard models are the models made manually of a cardboard (or papers are more dense than 80 g/m ²) or papers, from sets on sale in trade (the goods from trade). Cuts can be painted over. For improvement of model it is authorized to carry out completions and to use other materials. If necessary documents of a design are attached. Thus model signs from a cardboard should be kept: visible details of the case, the superstructures corresponding to a set. New coloring of model isn't allowed. If changes are made, it is necessary to confirm them with presented documentation or photos. Change of scale is authorized, however the copy of the original should be presented.

There ya go. You can use other materials and still be considered a paper model. If find it interesting that the rule identifies cardboard models as those from "sets on sale in trade." This must be a rule older than the internet because downloads are not included.

Where did you find this?
Old 03-24-2012, 06:35 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

This is a very nice design and the build quality is superb - love the use of a spring for the gear, very nice indeed
Google Adsense