PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects

Old 12-17-2012, 11:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 56.25 MB
Caudron airplanes

Hello,

People who even only occasionally follow my designs will know that I am passionate about French planes and fascinated by CAUDRON planes, and that I also have a dedicated tab on my blog.
I have already designed the CAUDRON AIGLON, which I offer as a free download at 1/33 at this address: http://pierreg.free.fr/carton/extra/aiglon/aiglon.htm. This model was fairly straightforward, as the regional Air Museum in Anger (France) has a fully-flying example. It’s worth remembering the warm welcome this museum has for model-makers.
For some time I have been collecting any information I can find about CAUDRON planes, and, beginning with the ones that took part in the “Deutsch de la Meurthe” cups, started with the first, the C366.
From the excellent 3-D plans by Harry Robinson, I started to study a model of it at 1/33.
As you will have realised with all my designs, I love detail. I can only design a model when I know the full-scale version, which I then reproduce in exact detail.
At the moment, I am having trouble with two things: the layout of the interior of the cockpit (equipment, colour...) and a design for the seating of the tail.
I have a number of photos but none of them shows what I need to be able to design these parts of the aircraft with historical accuracy.
My aim is to show this model with its cowling raised (showing the engine) and with the canopy open, as I did for the CAUDRON AIGLON.

So, I would like to hear from anyone who could help me with this.
The information I have about the C361, and also in general about people who took part in the “Deutsch de la Meurthe” includes:
- Articles specifically about this in FANA DE L’AVIATION
- In DOCAVIA examining CAUDRON RENAULT planes
- Books “LES AVIONS CAUDRON” published by LELE PRESSE
- Various documents from the internet, particularly photos of the C366 (?) from the Air Museum and from the Le Bourget (France)
- Information taken from modelling forums.
- Thank you in advance for your help. Any document or information however small would be welcome. My aim (a little utopian, it’s true) is to create as many scale 1/33 CAUDRON planes as possible.

Best regards.

Le criquet.
Google Adsense
Old 12-18-2012, 03:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.64 MB
Truly a worthy quest. Many French planes have that "ugly dog" quality that you have to love. The "anything that badly treated by the universe deserves special consideration", eg anything marked by the word Potez for example