PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects

Old 08-10-2014, 12:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Oh my God just downloaded it because I like that period of ships there is a mystery novel set on the ship. Did not expect to see 40+ pages in the PDF file have not studied every page yet but on a quick look it sure does look good.
Thanks for your work,
Miles
Old 08-10-2014, 03:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharunas View Post
Thanks Herky
if your ever up for a challenge.how about a great looking model of a newer ship.been trying for years to get a card model of the SS canberra with no luck.I dont have the skills to design one myself.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 123.55 MB
Thanks For a great looking model, will study this and probably rearrange my build schedule
Old 08-11-2014, 03:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.71 MB
Thank you Colleagues very much, I really appreciate compliments of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
if your ever up for a challenge.how about a great looking model of a newer ship.been trying for years to get a card model of the SS canberra with no luck.I dont have the skills to design one myself.
There are probably a dozen of old historic ocean-liners that I would like to build such as:
•one of ex German mighty trio: SS “Leviathan” ; RMS “Majestic” and RMS “Berengaria”,
•or one the largest passenger steamship RMS “Queen Elizabeth I”.
•or probably the first super liner SS “Kaiser Wilhelm der grosse” .
•and others from Art-deco era: SS “Il de France”, “Berlin”, “Europa”, “Rex”.

Unfortunately I can’t find blueprints for any of those vessels, except for famous RMS “QM”, SS “Normandie” and SS “United States”. But all those ships are already released by JSC magazine.

However I was very delighted with suggestion of Yours, Herky. I never heard of SS “Canberra” before – really great and beautiful ship. And the best part is that there are some rather detailed deck plans + side view and some quality pictures in the net. I think it is possible to create decent model.

So, SS “Canberra” now is No-1 on my list what to do next
Attached Thumbnails
-plan-profilecolour.jpg   -deck-plan1996.jpg  
Old 08-11-2014, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
Oh my God just downloaded it because I like that period of ships there is a mystery novel set on the ship. Did not expect to see 40+ pages in the PDF file have not studied every page yet but on a quick look it sure does look good.
Thanks for your work,
Miles
Thanks

must admit that I didn't bother to economy in pages (to fill any free space with parts) as kit wasn't meant to be release in hard copy (only online). As a result there are some pages with only 2 or 3 big parts.
Google Adsense
Old 08-11-2014, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Thank you Colleagues very much, I really appreciate compliments of yours.

There are probably a dozen of old historic ocean-liners that I would like to build such as:
•one of ex German mighty trio: SS “Leviathan” ; RMS “Majestic” and RMS “Berengaria”,
•or one the largest passenger steamship RMS “Queen Elizabeth I”.
•or probably the first super liner SS “Kaiser Wilhelm der grosse” .
•and others from Art-deco era: SS “Il de France”, “Berlin”, “Europa”, “Rex”.

Unfortunately I can’t find blueprints for any of those vessels, except for famous RMS “QM”, SS “Normandie” and SS “United States”. But all those ships are already released by JSC magazine.

However I was very delighted with suggestion of Yours, Herky. I never heard of SS “Canberra” before – really great and beautiful ship. And the best part is that there are some rather detailed deck plans + side view and some quality pictures in the net. I think it is possible to create decent model.

So, SS “Canberra” now is No-1 on my list what to do next
not certain but im sure hmv did the kaiser wilhelm.
I worked on the canberra in the 70s again when she went to war in 1982.She was a truely magnificent ship and the only model im aware was about in card was a simple push out out around in the 60s which is long gone out of stock.If you google ss canberra she has her own website with heaps of plans and photos.waited 30 years for a decent model of her.airfix do a plastic one but thats not waht im after.will watch with interest

site is sscanberra.com

Last edited by herky; 08-11-2014 at 11:54 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:55 AM

this is how i remember her in war and peace.will pm you so as to not hiyjack this thread which is after all about mauretania
Attached Thumbnails
-1280px-ss_canberra_-_hms_andromeda_falklands_1982.jpg   -01-limassol_1984.jpg  
Old 08-12-2014, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
this is how i remember her in war and peace.will pm you so as to not hiyjack this thread which is after all about mauretania
Hi, Herky

received and replied pm of Yours.
Hopefully I shall start a new thread related to SS Canberra until next week. Now I'm gathering information and etc.

PS. Now I see, that I was right thinking that You (Herky) is somehow related to this ship , and there is more than general interest.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.46 MB
Thanks for a magnificent model, Mauritania was my grandfathers favourite ship, he was a foreman on the riveting gang at Swan Hunters at Wallsend where she was built, she always was the pride of the Tyne!
cheers col.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Hi, Herky

received and replied pm of Yours.
Hopefully I shall start a new thread related to SS Canberra until next week. Now I'm gathering information and etc.

PS. Now I see, that I was right thinking that You (Herky) is somehow related to this ship , and there is more than general interest.
much more than general interest thats for sure,
Google Adsense