PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 05:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Excuse me for interfering in this topic. Surely I should be on the list of Gerard. In my first forays into the forum I saw the publication of a colleague of Gerard's Me-262 I liked the model, requested the password, I kindly received it, I took note of it somewhere and save the file with hundreds of others I have kept waiting. After finishing a couple of constructions reviewing the files I find the 262, and lost the password, impossible to find where I write it down. And I keep saving the file Although I know I can not open it. I suppose I should not be the only one who happens to this, as embarrassed as I'm going to request the password again? All the models that I have built, built and will continue to build are free downloads, my purchasing power is limited and apart here it is not so easy to get commercial kits. I am eternally grateful to the designers who kindly offer us their models. The modelers who resorted to these downloads accumulated goats and more files and we know that the majority will stay there waiting for your day which for many will never arrive. Call it addiction, fanaticism, madness or whatever but this is what we do most, accumulate. And the theme of the passwords complicates it even more, we live in these times that we need passwords for everything, and however ordered that one is always something happens. I think that other guys who have downloaded Gerard models will open the same or have their reasons, this is my particular case I wanted to comment this so that Gerard knew that it is not bad faith or that his models do not interest, maybe some have built some model and simply do not publish it, life consumes all the available time and we have little left for the hobby. I would like Gerard Do not stop designing your models look interesting and beautiful and if 100 downloads even if 1 publishes your model, as now does cosmonaut, feel satisfied, it is much more than what we receive in daily life. e us.Greetings to all

Sergio
Old 04-22-2018, 06:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard1938 View Post
Thx. kosmopolitan ;-) ...due to commercially infected so-called 'modelers'...
LOL so anyone who sells models or has commercial interest is automatically not a modeller.
This is hilarious.

Quote:
Thx. kosmopolitan ;-) ...
b) only to people mentioning their full name, address, mail-address, forum-membership and telling which models they built in the past.
This is even more hilarious.
Why not ask for them to add you to their Will?

What colour is the paper sky in your fantasy world?
Old 04-22-2018, 10:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Gerard,
I just sent a PM to you.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Please Dave, You have made it enormously clear you have a different opinion than Gerard. We get it. I think however, that Gerard is entitled to his own opinion. Is it really necessary to keep on confirming that your vision differs from his? Could you at least please stop doing that in that belittling tone? I'm serious, Dave. I'm all in for discussions but it should be done in a much more polite manner. We're not children in a schoolyard.

You often - and well-founded - take a stand against piracy and for giving credits to the rightful owner of the models. I respect that and I appreciate your opinion in that matter. I also fully respect those of us who don't want to give away their designs for free and ask for a small fee instead. That is their good right. In that same matter it is Gerard's good right to ask people for some background information. You know how frustrating it can be to discover one or more of your models on a piracy website. This way Gerard feels he has some control over who he gives his models to. Whether that is the right way to go, I don't know. But to each his own. Gerard doesn't do anything else with the given data than having the knowledge to whom he has given his models. He really doesn't sell them to Facebook or Google.
With an online financial transaction you will sactifice more or less the same amount of personal data to much more 'evil' institutions.

So, in short, can we leave it at this, please?
Old 04-22-2018, 11:40 AM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
Dave, apologize. This is my polite moderator warning. Gerard's primary language is not English.
Google Adsense
Old 04-22-2018, 11:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Gerard started this thread by criticising those who do not respond by building or complimenting his models.
He also made repeated references to those who deal in "commercial" or retail models.
He has even used words "belittling" those and continues to.

The topic had calmed down until today...when he again referred to those with commercial interests as "commercially infected so-called 'modelers'".
Well...that comment includes me, doesn't it.

You are correct, this isn't a playground.
Its a paper model forum.
Also a public paper model forum.
Don't tell me I have to apologize for having an opinion about the original topic. Yes!...the original topic!

English has nothing to do with it.

You can't start a thread whining about why people don't download your models
when you then demand so much private information.
And expect nobody to respond negatively.

I guess thats the problem...we can now only respond positively or not all?
Is that it?
Give me a break.

Fine...unsubscribing from the thread.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:21 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 61.90 MB
Talking indeed funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
LOL so anyone who sells models or has commercial interest is automatically not a modeller.
This is hilarious.

This is even more hilarious.
Why not ask for them to add you to their Will?

What colour is the paper sky in your fantasy world?
Isn't anyone calling yóu a modeller ? Such a pity boss.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:35 AM
Eternal Member

PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalssergio155 View Post
Excuse me for interfering in this topic. Surely I should be on the list of Gerard. In my first forays into the forum I saw the publication of a colleague of Gerard's Me-262 I liked the model, requested the password, I kindly received it, I took note of it somewhere and save the file with hundreds of others I have kept waiting. After finishing a couple of constructions reviewing the files I find the 262, and lost the password, impossible to find where I write it down. And I keep saving the file Although I know I can not open it. I suppose I should not be the only one who happens to this, as embarrassed as I'm going to request the password again? All the models that I have built, built and will continue to build are free downloads, my purchasing power is limited and apart here it is not so easy to get commercial kits. I am eternally grateful to the designers who kindly offer us their models. The modelers who resorted to these downloads accumulated goats and more files and we know that the majority will stay there waiting for your day which for many will never arrive. Call it addiction, fanaticism, madness or whatever but this is what we do most, accumulate. And the theme of the passwords complicates it even more, we live in these times that we need passwords for everything, and however ordered that one is always something happens. I think that other guys who have downloaded Gerard models will open the same or have their reasons, this is my particular case I wanted to comment this so that Gerard knew that it is not bad faith or that his models do not interest, maybe some have built some model and simply do not publish it, life consumes all the available time and we have little left for the hobby. I would like Gerard Do not stop designing your models look interesting and beautiful and if 100 downloads even if 1 publishes your model, as now does cosmonaut, feel satisfied, it is much more than what we receive in daily life. e us.Greetings to all

Sergio
Send you an un'protected' Swallow Sergio. Right away. By the way, if have you moved from Ezeiza then your public info over here is not correct.
Gerard

Last edited by gerard1938; 04-23-2018 at 01:52 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:45 AM
Eternal Member

It was not my intention to call you names Kosmo. It had to be Kosmopolite.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Quote:
Isn't anyone calling yóu a modeller ? Such a pity boss.
Kom op, Gerard, dan moet jij ook niet weer gaan beginnen! Kinderachtig gedoe. Laat elkaar links liggen als jullie elkaars mening niet bevalt.

Google translation:

Come on, Gerard, then you should not start again! Childish stuff.
Leave each other to the left if you do not like each other's opinion.

Last edited by elliott; 04-23-2018 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Added Gooogle translation
Google Adsense
Closed Thread