PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Gallery Announcements

Old 05-21-2008, 05:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.52 MB
Lovely lady

Old fashionned people, out of time dudes, eccentrics and others can have a look there:

http://www.papermodelers.com/gallery...ry.php?cat=565

Those interested in may ask for some more photos, I can arrange the scenery and the background the way they want.
Google Adsense
Old 05-21-2008, 05:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaud View Post
I can arrange the scenery and the background the way they want.
She will look good in my backyard! I am in awe of her. Any chance of you describing the construction process?

Old 05-21-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaud View Post
Old fashionned people, out of time dudes, eccentrics and others can have a look there:

http://www.papermodelers.com/gallery...ry.php?cat=565

Those interested in may ask for some more photos, I can arrange the scenery and the background the way they want.
LOVELY!!! Are you kidding!!! That is about the creepiest thing I've ever seen. What on earth would possess anybody to want that in their house. That would completely freak me out. It's nearly as bad as clowns for being creepy!!!

eerrgghhhh!! freaked out now!!! I need to go drink beer right now before I think about this scary thing any more.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
LINK: Designing America's First Railway Locomotive, "Stourbridge Lion"
Old 05-21-2008, 07:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
What is it, Renaud? I look, I am enchanted, but I don't know what I am seeing.

What is she made of? Did you make her yourself? How? I don't see her as "creepy," exactly, but... Well, maybe a little creepy.

She would look good in my back yard too, but I don't think my neighbors are quite ready. Please send more pictures and more words.

Best Wishes
Thomas
Old 05-21-2008, 09:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 219.9 KB
Renaud
C'est magnifique.

Fozz
It's what's known as having a hang up, not sure if you can get help for that one on the NHS though.:D

Thomas (and others)
Read the commentary that Renaud has added to his pics.
Google Adsense
Old 05-21-2008, 09:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
More data please !
Old 05-21-2008, 09:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 219.9 KB
That puts you in the "(and others)" category. :D
Old 05-22-2008, 06:15 AM

1908 lady

I have put many more photos in the existing gallery, and opened a special album about to scare Fozzy the bear a little
I called it " lady by night", don't be afraid, Fozzy the bear.

http://www.papermodelers.com/gallery...ry.php?cat=566

I'll explain this evening what the sculpture is made of.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:57 AM

I got it!
Renaud has mistakenly added the post to "gallery announcements" when it really should have been "kit announcements"...man I cannot wait for this one!!! lol

Can you imagine? The kit would easily be two hundred pages or so worth of parts!

Will it be a free download? lmao:D

Old 05-22-2008, 09:12 AM

Edwardian lady

First, I rolled barrels made of strong paper covered with some white glue for wood assembly, and when dry, cut them to the proper length as to make bones, and realized an entire simplified skeleton...don't be scared, Fozzy the bear!
Then, I glued onto it crumpled sheets of paper, sprinkling them with glue as i was doing them, until it reach the volume desired.
I wrapped the body, arms and legs with wet paper only, without any glue on, and glued onto the whole up to twenty sheets of paper, one by one, in the end I had a strong sculpture I cut in several pieces and removed all what was inside I have done step one: I got a puzzle I reassembled and the result was a hollow volume. I applied papier mâché to sculpt the exact shape required, and added the hand I did separately. On a stick I have let between the shoulders, I worked with rolling barrels glued together an covered with papier mâché too, the head appeared. Hands and head were done after a living lady, this was time consuming to ensure it was resembling her.
I had then to wrap around the clothes, they were made up with several paper sheets glued together just before applying, using either wood white glue or the water-based glue used for putting on walls before you apply decorative paper. All the clothes were cut according to patterns I did just before, to ensure the first fit was good when wrapping, since I had to focus on the best way to arrange them in a short time, without putting glue onto them, this could have wasted my work.
I did separately the hat with "papier mâché" and the roses adorning it are done with paper. The ribbon, which turns three times around, is made of paper wrapped around a mixture of paper and glue before applying it, and the result is now a stuff as hard as wood. Next time, I'll do the roses using two or three layers of paper, to make them stronger.
The umbrella is made of paper too, a single sheet, only the stick is a piece of wood. I crumpled it with water and let it dry, to get a natural shape.
In the end, I sprayed an acrylic varnish over the whole sculpture to make her water resistant.
With the exception of this latter stick, all is made of paper, not any piece of metal or even some wood elsewhere!

Next time I do one, I'll take some pictures from time to time to show the process. I'll change probably the way to make the dress, as mine is not strong enough, and hard to adorn. This will be probably time-consuming a lot.

Last edited by Renaud; 05-22-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Google Adsense