PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Gallery Announcements

Old 08-21-2008, 10:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Bill,

The shipyard models http://www.model-shipyard.com/index-en.html are based on the anatomy of a ship series and for the most part are well done by paper model standards. However what you will find is that they are basically only the hull and main deck with deck furniture. Masts and yards should be made of wood. I will say that the ones I started (never finished) were fun to build and the model of the Cleo that Larry Maxwell was building was shown at a SMA convention and was comparable to a Mantua kit.

With your skills you could turn one of these sow’s ears into a silk purse.

Jim Nunn
Old 08-22-2008, 07:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Let me add my voice to those who would get great pleasure out of watching you apply your skills to a paper model.

Don
Old 08-22-2010, 04:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi Bill,

Fancy meeting you here. Good to see you again, it's been a while. Your SOS is one of the most beautiful models I think I've ever seen. I remember seeing photos of the carvings one by one as you were carving them. Beautiful work indeed and I certainly applaud you.

Take care,

Bob Hunt
Old 08-22-2010, 05:19 AM
Eternal Member

My oh my all i can say have not seen such beautiful carving since I seen the Lord Mayor of Dublins coach out in Donabate co Dublin years ago. then I was astonished at the workmanship at that scale for a ship at that i am just astounded
Old 08-23-2010, 03:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Bill Short
My Sovereign

Thanks to you both for commenting on my Sovereign. I really appreciate the feedback.

Long time no hear Bob. I hope all is well with you as I heard recently that you had sold your business. I hope that you and Peg are doing well. Are you experimenting in the paper model world?

Regards,
Bill
Old 08-24-2010, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Short View Post
Thanks to you both for commenting on my Sovereign. I really appreciate the feedback.

Long time no hear Bob. I hope all is well with you as I heard recently that you had sold your business. I hope that you and Peg are doing well. Are you experimenting in the paper model world?

Regards,
Bill
Hi Bill,

Doing good but still getting used to living in an apartment as opposed to a large 4 bedroom house. Yes, we sold the kit business to Brian Tatro but I'm still doing practicums. I have two kits under construction, HMS Pegasus and HMS Vanguard. I had these card models sitting around for years and thought I'd give one a try and perhaps write a practicum on it as well, just to see what happens. Card modeling is perfect for apartment living.

Anyway, you take care and good to hear from you again.

Bob