PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Gallery Announcements

Old 04-14-2012, 05:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
IAF Mig 21, PAF F88 Sabre, USS monitor. All recoloured.

Hi, I am an historical wargamer, so I make my models to be handled and used. The majority are rescaled to 1:100 to match the figures we use.

I'm not a pure modeller, so will replace some parts with wire etc for strength as they need to be handled.

As I'm a modeller second the builds aren't perfect although I do try to hide the edges were possible. As with all of you I'm always learning, so I am now moving towards removing the printed tabs and using internal tabs to improve the fit of parts.

Anyway, I've set up an album and uploaded a few pics for you. Models I have made/altered or designed - Paper Modelers Gallery
Google Adsense
Old 04-14-2012, 06:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Vey nice Monitor.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks. Think it's the quickest model I've ever made. Took me longer to rescale and work out a way to recolour it than it took to build. All done in an evening. I like the deck effect but it may not be to everyones taste.

I cheated slightly. The depth of the visible hull worked out at 4mm when rescaled to 1:150, so I stretched the side covering bits to a massive 5mm so I could then use 5mm thick foamcore board as the base rather than build the usual eggbox base. Then I printed the sides on self adhesive sheets. This makes the model much more solid for moving around as well as being quicker and easier!!

I'd just finished building the virginia so it was a nice simple build after that!

We will be doing a refight of Hampton roads using 1:150 ships atg some point soon. I'm just waiting for the release of the Magnus Morck models again so I can use his sidewheel steamers.