PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Gallery Announcements

Old 05-23-2012, 03:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Pzkpfw IV

Hi all!

This is an unfinished model of a Pzkpfw IV Ausf. H without side armours.
This was my last model I made about ten years ago.

That time I didn't know how popular this art is, and I didn't know much about it. That means I had to develop all the techniques (okay, the basic techniques are quite straightforward for paper modelling) and all the models from scratch. These models were all designed by hand (no softwares) on graph-paper, and I copied the things to the cardboard using simple carbon paper. The cardboard itself is the simple, 0.5 mm thick decoration paper (sorry, I'm not a native English speaker and I don't know what it's called) like cereal boxes. sometimes I used simple photo copy paper.

I tried to be a purist but I had to use some thin wooden sticks. The purism included non using any sculpting-like techniques like carving big paper blocks or moulding/shaping pulp. Well, my "purism" included using dense paint...

I tried to make everything as boxes, but I used layered techniques a lot too. This was because unlike many people thought (and still thinks about paper modelling that way), I didn't have too much patience and dexterity, so I wanted to use as quick and easy techniques as possible. That means the number of layers was usually at most 10 layers, very rarely 20.

Anyway, this model was designed simply by scaling up a 1:35 plastic model (so the scale is 1:17.5), since it was (still is) very hard to find detailed pictures and blueprints of real vehicles (and measuring a real model in real life was a non-option for a kid of course).

I'm very curious about opinions!

Link to the gallery

Thanks!
Google Adsense
Old 05-23-2012, 08:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 130.59 MB
Beautifully done. You have an excellent eye for detail, and it certainly gives the plastic modelers a run for their money.

Did you work out anything for the track?
Old 05-23-2012, 08:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 205.52 MB
That is very impressive. Add some treads and you are ready to go. I hope I can at some point have the ability to produce such a piece of work.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.8 KB
It looks nice!
Old 05-23-2012, 11:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Fantastic and beautiful work. Your skills are inspiring and the model is simple great!
Chris
Google Adsense
Old 05-23-2012, 05:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
That is a mighty neat model, I'm impressed.
The level of detail you include is very high indeed, and rather more convincing than most examples I have seen. That it is all your own work makes it even more noteworthy.

Kind and Respectful Regards Lipko, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for the comments!

The tracks were something that required huge patience. I had the plans, but I never managed the get the mood for making it. I couldn't even force myself to make all the wheels.

I don't think I will go back to that model, it was ten years ago. I think my next model will be made hand in hand with the software I'm developing