PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Gallery Announcements

Old 04-11-2017, 02:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 33.09 MB
Some Authortiy Vessels (HMV 1;250)

Hi to all,

here are some pictures I would like to show you, the ZENIT, the AMERIKAHÖFT, which is a police boat, the customs service boat REIHER and the pilot STEIN in front of the foto background I have shown before.

They are just leaving the Kaiser Lock...
Attached Thumbnails
Some Authortiy Vessels (HMV 1;250)-hafenfahrzeuge-02-wsp-amerikahoft.jpg   Some Authortiy Vessels (HMV 1;250)-hafenfahrzeuge-03-lotsenboot-stein.jpg   Some Authortiy Vessels (HMV 1;250)-hafenfahrzeuge-04-zollboot-luneburg.jpg   Some Authortiy Vessels (HMV 1;250)-hafenfahrzeuge-01.jpg   Some Authortiy Vessels (HMV 1;250)-zenit-05.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 04-11-2017, 02:12 PM

...just to come back after a test drive and get back by the lock into the harbour:
Attached Thumbnails
Some Authortiy Vessels (HMV 1;250)-hafenfahrzeuge-06-lotsenboot-stein.jpg   Some Authortiy Vessels (HMV 1;250)-hafenfahrzeuge-07-zollboot-luneburg.jpg   Some Authortiy Vessels (HMV 1;250)-hafenfahrzeuge-08-wsp-amerikahoft.jpg   Some Authortiy Vessels (HMV 1;250)-zenit-04.jpg  
Old 04-11-2017, 02:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.16 MB
Great looking models.

Top job.

Clive
Old 04-11-2017, 03:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Nice watercraft!

Don
Old 04-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Nicely done models. Is that a model RR layout in pic 5 of the first set? If so, what scale are it and the boats?
Google Adsense
Old 04-12-2017, 12:31 PM

Thank you Darter, Don and Elliott!

Elliott, I am not sure whether I unterstoood your question right (please correct me):

Does RR mean railroad? So this is not a railroad layout. The background is a maritime background - not really a diorama - to make fotos of boats and ships in front of it. Scale is 1;250 like all my ship and boat models are until now. It is made of paper except for the basic plate and the grass which is indeed taken from model railroad equipment. The lighthouse - by that time it was not finished and I changed the model kit in between - is a model of the german naval museum also in 1;250.

The boat models were published by the Hamburger Modellbaubogen Verlag (HMV), which is presumably well known to this forum and publishes mostly in this scale.

The models were in general easy to build an I used the laser cut detail set, which can also be ordered.

Best regards
Nils/Front Light
Old 04-12-2017, 05:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Thanks for posting where the models came from and the scale
Miles
Old 04-13-2017, 04:39 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
You understood my question perfectly Nils and I thank you for your timely answer.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.97 MB
Very nice! At that scale the models are 3 or 4 inches long? How did you make the railings? I keep searching for a technique that I can master.

Thanks.

~~ Current Project: 1:100 Skipjack Kathryn ~~
~~ First Project: 1:250 Zeppelin LZ-17 Sachsen ~~
Old 04-13-2017, 01:49 PM

Thank you Jeff,

the largest model of these, the ZENIT is 4.7 inch long, the pilot boat STEIN just 2.6 inch. They are not really complex and concepted for beginners as I think and by the same time essential completions for every harbour or coastal scene.

Maybe I`m going to disappoint you with the making of the railing: As I mentioned before the details are taken from the additional laser cut set, which can be ordered together with the model kits. I have seen lots of amazing techniques for making a railing, beginning with exactly cutting out of the sheet, glued threads, copper wire, printed film and so on but I am not able to do like this. So I take the easy way...
Google Adsense