PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Gallery Announcements

Old 01-02-2018, 07:33 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
I was thinking about getting that model.I was hoping it's better than Ju-52 from FG but now I don't know...
You did good work with engines.
Two other brands print beautiful examples of this famous aircraft:

Geli and Schreiber, both from Germany. The Geli in 1/33 scale is very nice although it has simple interior. Schreiber in 1/50 scale has printed several versions including one which includes full cabin interior detail. Also, a very simple version.

Fiddlers Green models, although nice, are very much simplified, mostly for kids and beginners, they have no structural formers.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
Very nice build.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Old 01-02-2018, 04:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 20.48 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickPink65 View Post
Two other brands print beautiful examples of this famous aircraft:

Geli and Schreiber, both from Germany. The Geli in 1/33 scale is very nice although it has simple interior. Schreiber in 1/50 scale has printed several versions including one which includes full cabin interior detail. Also, a very simple version.

Fiddlers Green models, although nice, are very much simplified, mostly for kids and beginners, they have no structural formers.
As far as I know, the most detailed, challenging and let's say simply the best Ju-52 is from GPM no. 250. I deciced to take ModelCard 'cause it's balanced - quite good detail(including interior) and not too difficult.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenon1947 View Post
As far as I know, the most detailed, challenging and let's say simply the best Ju-52 is from GPM no. 250. I deciced to take ModelCard 'cause it's balanced - quite good detail(including interior) and not too difficult.
Well, I haven't checked the GPM. But if you can see the Schreiber, I know you will agree with me. It is absolutely fantastic and printed on metal foil. I have it, original, and I have stayed away from building it mostly because it is not exactly the easiest model to build with millions of little parts. It is modeled after the plane that was owned by Lufthansa and called the Red Baron. Unfortunately it is out of print but perhaps you can get one on Ebay or similar.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:48 PM
Banned

The Geli version is very accurate but naturally not as beautiful as other versions. It has the advantage of easy building. I think these models are once again available.
Google Adsense
Old 01-02-2018, 11:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 82.25 MB
In my opinion Fiddlers Green models' simplicity allows the individual modeler considerable opportunities to build and experiment without feeling overwhelmed . True, they have no formers so there, alone, is one area one can attempt to improve the finished model. That could be just the beginning in fleshing out details and additions to what is a relatively inexpensive project. Also, without the novices preparing to tackle a model for the first time, where indeed would our hobby be ?