PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Gallery Announcements

Old 04-07-2017, 11:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 33.09 MB
Harbour tug VEGESACK 1;250

Hi to all,

the first of my recent models I will show ist the harbour tug VEGESACK. The original was built in 1978 for the north german shipping company URAG and was used in the ports along the Weser river from Bremen to Bremerhaven. The model was published around 1990 by the Möwe Verlag, Wilhelmshaven.

The built wasn`t to complex but I needed four months. At least in november 2015 I finished my first paper model since about 1984. I used laser cuts parts for the railings and the crow`s nest.
Attached Thumbnails
Harbour tug VEGESACK 1;250-vegesack48.jpg   Harbour tug VEGESACK 1;250-vegesack49.jpg   Harbour tug VEGESACK 1;250-vegesack51.jpg   Harbour tug VEGESACK 1;250-vegesack52.jpg   Harbour tug VEGESACK 1;250-steinbock-01a.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 04-07-2017, 11:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.47 MB
good work

i always really liked tug boats
Old 04-07-2017, 12:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Nicely build

Can't beat a tug boat model

Tim
Old 04-07-2017, 12:24 PM

Thank you Ken, tugs are interresting models, not to large and complex but with enough details.

Here are some more pictures of VEGESACK in action, called to a lock to help a cargo ship - maybe a car carrier - to get out.
Attached Thumbnails
Harbour tug VEGESACK 1;250-vegesack-galerie-01.jpg   Harbour tug VEGESACK 1;250-vegesack-galerie-02.jpg   Harbour tug VEGESACK 1;250-vegesack-galerie-03.jpg   Harbour tug VEGESACK 1;250-vegesack-galerie-05.jpg  
Old 04-07-2017, 12:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.47 GB
Nice build. Like the others I really enjoy tug boats.
Google Adsense
Old 04-07-2017, 01:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
That is a very handsome tug, a beautifully-built model, and an excellent diorama with the prow of the huge cargo ship looming in the final image.

Based on your enthusiasm, I will try to like car carriers in the future and not think of them as giant floating shoe boxes..

Don
Old 04-07-2017, 01:48 PM

So if you like tugs as I do, here is another one which is still in work: SATURN was built in 1974 for the Hapag-Lloyd tug services. The model was published at HMV in 1999. After an accident I had to repair the mast/funnel but the damage can still be seen. Nonetheless I will finish the model over the next weeks, using again laser cut parts for the railings.
Attached Thumbnails
Harbour tug VEGESACK 1;250-saturn-galerie-intern-01.jpg   Harbour tug VEGESACK 1;250-saturn-03.jpg  
Old 04-07-2017, 01:59 PM

Thank you Don.

I have said that I like car carriers, but not that they were beautiful and I don`t expect anybody to do so

Maybe my enthusiasm comes from my home town Bremerhaven, where car carriers are daily guests in the harbour. The diorama, I think I will show some more pictures, is the exit of the Kaiserschleuse/Kaiser lock, before its reconstruction after 2007 where you can see floating giant shoe boxes, which describes exactly what they look like, every day.

I have to confess that the cargo ship is just a dummy... As I mentioned at another place maybe I am going to built the JSC ELBE HIGHWAY someday.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Light View Post
Thank you Don.

I have said that I like car carriers, but not that they were beautiful and I don`t expect anybody to do so

Maybe my enthusiasm comes from my home town Bremerhaven, where car carriers are daily guests in the harbour. The diorama, I think I will show some more pictures, is the exit of the Kaiserschleuse/Kaiser lock, before its reconstruction after 2007 where you can see floating giant shoe boxes, which describes exactly what they look like, every day.

I have to confess that the cargo ship is just a dummy... As I mentioned at another place maybe I am going to built the JSC ELBE HIGHWAY someday.
i think they are but-ugly and would not want to sail on one.we used to get the wallinus line car carriers into uk ports.i guess they do the job they are built for.there are 2 freee car carrier models out there that i know of;
helsinki bridge and leo leader.good to practise on
Old 04-07-2017, 03:01 PM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Very nice build, just something cool about a tugboat.
Google Adsense