PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Gallery Announcements

Old 01-10-2019, 03:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Chinchilla Town Hall

The local administration building in the Spanish town of Chinchilla. It was built to complement the church from the same town that I made earlier:

Santa Maria de El Salvador Church

It's a smallish scale; the base measures about 8 x 16 cm. and I don't think it would look out of place on an HO layout. The parts fit was good and it was great fun putting it together.
Attached Thumbnails
Chinchilla Town Hall-dscf0086.jpg   Chinchilla Town Hall-dscf0088.jpg   Chinchilla Town Hall-dscf0087.jpg   Chinchilla Town Hall-dscf0085.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-10-2019, 07:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 156.88 MB
Nicely done Philip. I've been working on this one also. Senors Angel Agustin y Jesus Arribas have done quite a lot of models for the history of Spain. Can't seem to find any info on these two gents. I'm always searching for all of the models they have done. This particular model is 1:125 scale. You also did a great job on the church.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:37 PM

Thank you, wyatt, for your kind responses. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of your Town Hall as I did.

Your post implies that you know of other models by the redoubtable Angel and Jesus. Where can they be found?

I've also built their Albacete Family House and Apartment House. And I've almost finished Almansa Castle. Only the two terrain pieces to fit, but that is proving to be a bit of a nightmare so it's on the backburner at the moment.

Forgive me if you you already know about this, but a few years ago I discovered some very nice models on the Cultura de Cantabria site. They are gone from there now but they have been re-hosted here:

Papercraft Edificios de Cantabria en EspaƱa. - Manualidades a Raudales

I made the Manzanedo Palace some time back and it looked a treat.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:31 PM

Hi Philip,

I did manage to find that site with those models from Cultura de Cantabria. But thank you so much for posting that as others may not be aware of it. I haven't tried any of them yet, any pics of the Manzanedo Palace you built? Would love to see them.

You probably have all the models from Angel and Jesus but let me dig up the links I've found in my searches and see if anything is new to you.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:49 PM

Here's some pictures of Manzanedo Palace. I hesitate to post them as the model was made a few years ago and has been kept in an unfriendly enviroment ever since. I've done my best to clean it and otherwise tidy it up but there's little I can do about the discolouration. You'll have to use your imagination if you want to see it in it's former glory!
Attached Thumbnails
Chinchilla Town Hall-dscf0095.jpg   Chinchilla Town Hall-dscf0097.jpg   Chinchilla Town Hall-dscf0099.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-13-2019, 05:52 PM

Looks like it turned out quite well too me. Thank your resident photographer for me.