PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Gallery Announcements

Old 04-05-2019, 02:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Doubledecker (Zoobus)

This bus was once used to carry passengers between the Placa de Catalunya and the Parc de la Ciutadella (Zoological Gardens) in Barcelona on Sundays and public holidays.

I was drawn to it by the colourful paint scheme and the fact that it looked quite easy to do. I know the offside headlamp is in the wrong place, but not knowing anything about buses I stuck it where the instructions told me to. Naughty instructions!

More information, photos and a video (link 1) can be found here:

https://www.arca-bus.org/web_antiga/...tm#fotografies
Attached Thumbnails
Doubledecker (Zoobus)-dscf0039.jpg   Doubledecker (Zoobus)-dscf0040.jpg   Doubledecker (Zoobus)-dscf0041.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-05-2019, 04:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Great job on this colorful bus, Philip!

Don
Old 04-06-2019, 05:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Lots of colors on that bus. Looks good.
Looks like the position of the headlamp and the registration numbers on the left side needed to be swapped. Maybe they are like owl ears and it helps the bus to see better to have the lamps offset like that.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
If you look at the "Real" photos, it would appear that the nearside headlamp should be attached to the side of the radiator, not the mudguard.

Nice old bus you've found there Philip, and lots of interesting information references to it too. Way, way back when I briefly worked as a "Clippie", I used to love the old Regents far more than the 'newfangled' Routemasters. I never came across one with a central door though. All ours had the open hop on platform and stairs at the rear end. But then again, this one is LHD and bodied in Spain, so it's bound to be a bit different.

The only thing missing from your post is a link or info towards acquiring the model. Does anyone know of a card model of a London Transport AEC Regent? The RMs seem to dominate that scene, but I'm old enough to remember them arriving as new. A 1960s Eastern National Bristol Lodeka would be of interest to me too.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Thank you for your comments, folks.

The kit (to 1:43.5 scale) was published by the Barcelona publishers La Ciutat de Paper in 1984 as one of a series called Barcelona Transport. I know it included a taxi and at least two different trams; there may have been more but I'm not sure of this. La Ciutat de Paper ceased trading a few years later.

So I'm sorry I can't give you any links to follow, John. I was interested to learn you spent some time as a clippie. Was it poorly paid but full of incident? I had a job like that at the horseraces.
Google Adsense
Old 04-07-2019, 10:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
If you look at the "Real" photos, it would appear that the nearside headlamp should be attached to the side of the radiator, not the mudguard.

Nice old bus you've found there Philip, and lots of interesting information references to it too. Way, way back when I briefly worked as a "Clippie", I used to love the old Regents far more than the 'newfangled' Routemasters. I never came across one with a central door though. All ours had the open hop on platform and stairs at the rear end. But then again, this one is LHD and bodied in Spain, so it's bound to be a bit different.

The only thing missing from your post is a link or info towards acquiring the model. Does anyone know of a card model of a London Transport AEC Regent? The RMs seem to dominate that scene, but I'm old enough to remember them arriving as new. A 1960s Eastern National Bristol Lodeka would be of interest to me too.
John,

There was an Australian bus website (on WayBack Machine) that had scans of anniversary paper models that included a Regent, but the JPG scans weren't very sharp.

I've uploaded LD6 and FLF6G Bristol Lodekkas to our downloads section. If your Eastern National bus was either one, point me to online pictures with front/left/right/back views (diecasts OK) and I'll give it a shot.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:34 PM

FLF6G it is mate.

That last one is what we referred to as a TRAM. I've no idea what make or model they were, but I do know they were repainted over London Transport livery.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
FLF6G it is mate.
That last one is what we referred to as a TRAM. I've no idea what make or model they were, but I do know they were repainted over London Transport livery.
Here you go John, I assume you worked with with these particular buses so I did Eastern National WVX 527F and 989 KOO. I still had to reference diecast photos for some markings. Also realized i got the N-arrow logo wrong on the Southdown PD3 that'll have to be corrected.

You'll find these new recolors in the same folder as the previous Lodekka FLF6Gs.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:47 AM

Thank 'ee muchly. Found and downloaded. I'll try to knock 'em together soon.
They were not specific busses I rode, Just a few pictures I found by Google. Mind you I probably rode every bus in the Basildon garage. Apart from the trams, I have no recollection what other makes were in use. The Bristols only stuck in my memory because they were always breaking down. They had pneumatic suspension balloons that often burst, rendering the thing very unstable to drive with passengers aboard. The crew was still expected to bring it back to the depot though, but I never experienced one falling over.