PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Gallery Announcements

Old 04-08-2019, 02:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Brittany Chapels by Secanda

Mauther is the one I must thank for posting a prominent link to Secanda's website on his blog. What a lovely surprise I got when I went there. Found a little treasure trove of architectural models of the kind I really like. Most of the subjects are found in Brittany, north-west France, but there are other examples too. This is his site:

[Secanda] Welcome among the paper models

I've build a couple of examples. They are not difficult although the instructions take a bit of getting used to and in some models some of the detail parts are not mentioned at all. Having said that, I've sort of fallen in love with them.

The first four pictures are of Chapelle Saint-Vio de Treguennec and they are followed by Chapelle St-Evy en St-Jean-Trolimon. How do you like them?
Attached Thumbnails
Brittany Chapels by Secanda-dscf0026.jpg   Brittany Chapels by Secanda-dscf0027.jpg   Brittany Chapels by Secanda-dscf0028.jpg   Brittany Chapels by Secanda-dscf0029.jpg   Brittany Chapels by Secanda-dscf0030.jpg  

Brittany Chapels by Secanda-dscf0031.jpg   Brittany Chapels by Secanda-dscf0032.jpg   Brittany Chapels by Secanda-dscf0033.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-08-2019, 06:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Very charming. You seem to be able to knock them out quickly. I had taken a look at these a while back. Those instructions scared me
Old 04-09-2019, 05:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 172.42 MB
Thank you for this site. Very cool. I will toast you with a pigfoot and bottle of beer (Bass?)
Old 04-10-2019, 03:08 PM

Thank you for your responses.

Vermin_King: Don't be frightened! A few of the models (those at St Vio and Bruc-sur-Aff are examples) have a photographic build sequence included which will help get your head around understanding the instructions for models without this feature.

MrConk: You're welcome. Bass will do nicely, although it should be Bishop's Finger.
Old 04-11-2019, 02:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Thanks Philip, I've downloaded a few and bookmarked it for later

Cheers
Mike
Google Adsense
Old 04-23-2019, 02:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 172.42 MB
Thank you once again for bringing to us awareness of this site. I've just finished "Capela San Miguel de Celanova" which appeared to me to be the easiest of the selections. Now I am attempting "Chapelle de la Madeleine de Penmarc'h" which is creating more than a bit of head scratching. Fortunately I like to occasionally scratch my head.
As a PS I must add that I don't think (alas) Bishop's Finger is available in my neck of the woods.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:03 PM

Good to see someone has tackled the little Spanish chapel, MrConk, and I hope it goes well with the Madeline de Penmarch. I'd be interested in seeing some pictures if you have any to post.

I built Saint-Tremeur au Guilvinec and have just finished Sainte-Agathe de Langon - it's so sweet, and another easy one. Will upload some photos as soon as the house photographer gets her camera charged up. I have the Notre-Dame de Penhors printed out but it will have to wait for a bit while I finish off a couple of other projects. Sound familiar?

Abbot Ale?
Old 04-30-2019, 07:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
They look like very nice models.

Don
Old 05-16-2019, 02:56 PM

Eventually, some pics of my latest Secanda models. Doesn't time fly...?

First up is Chapelle Saint-Tremeur au Guilvinec from the late fifteenth century. It has no western door because western doors were reserved for funerals alone, and as funerals were only carried out in churches, why bother with an extra source of draught from the windy Brittany coast?

Then what has become a favouite in our home, the tiny Chapelle Sainte-Agathe de Langon. It began life as a private bath house for an ancient Roman villa and was converted to religious use in the Middle Ages. There have been no services inside, which boasts a Roman wall painting, since the French Revolution.
Attached Thumbnails
Brittany Chapels by Secanda-dscf0089.jpg   Brittany Chapels by Secanda-dscf0090.jpg   Brittany Chapels by Secanda-dscf0091.jpg   Brittany Chapels by Secanda-dscf0092.jpg   Brittany Chapels by Secanda-dscf0085.jpg  

Brittany Chapels by Secanda-dscf0086.jpg   Brittany Chapels by Secanda-dscf0087.jpg   Brittany Chapels by Secanda-dscf0088.jpg  
Old 05-17-2019, 05:59 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Very nice. I did an image search on Chapelle Sainte-Agathe de Langon since it's your favorite. I didn't expect to find it smack dab in the middle of a town with streets on all sides. The little bit of unpaved ground around it is attractively landscaped with flowers and small shrubbery. It wouldn't be difficult (or add much to the overall size) to place the model on a scenic base that captures its current setting. What remains of the ocean themed Roman wall painting is interesting and appropriate - big fish eating little fish.
Google Adsense