PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Gallery Announcements

Old 04-28-2022, 03:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.61 MB
Le Corbusier's Notre Dame du Haut - Canon

It may sound strange that I'm posting a photo from a previously built model, but I have to share some sad information. Months ago, I trashed away my first finished attempt at the model, as the result was very poor in execution, parts were very misaligned, some others kept trying to come apart, it was awful. But between late March - mid April, I gave a shot at the model again, but this time I followed some insight that fellow member Llaut Mallorquin shared on his build thread regarding the eaves and the walls. This is a GAME CHANGER, because joining the left wall(the side wich has the rotating picture) together with the the already assembled eaves, roof and the front wall, when I respected the order on the instructions, on my first attempt, was a nightmare. But on this new attempt, after doing what Llaut Mallorquin suggested, joing the same left wall to the front wall was a piece of cake. The only other change I had to make was to get rid of all the gluing spots on the floor parts,(Yes, I cutted away all the gluing spots and I glued all the tabs from the structure itself on the left border after the cut) except the ones wich hold the inner structure that makes the wall around the rotating picture.

Also, I remembered that I had a hard time with part 6-1, wich is hard to finish because of the large wall that prevents one from securing the gluing of the window tabs, so I did an workaround: I temporaily cut the long wall away, just on the edge where the tabs of the windows are glued. This made so much easier to secure those tabs. After the tabs properly dryed, I just reattached the cut wall with an buttjoint.

Overall, this second attempt went way better than the first one. And finally I have the 2 Corbusier's models onto my collection.

Cheers,

Gregory.
Attached Thumbnails
Le Corbusier's Notre Dame du Haut - Canon-finished_model.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-28-2022, 07:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.86 MB
Good work on the model. Each time I do a model, even one that I've done
before something new can be revealed during assembly, or finishing.

It's a nice way to honor one of Architecture's great designers of the 1920's.

Jeff
Old 04-28-2022, 11:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
I have to give that model a try someday. Thanks for the heads up on assembly issues. Great looking build.

Tappi
Old 04-29-2022, 02:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Practice makes perfect!